"Smart key not found" help!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it is a problem that comes and goes (as it sounds like from your description), the problem is not a fuse. Once a fuse is blown, it doesn’t come back on.

Sounds like a problem with the RF signal (which could be anything from a dying fob battery to loose antenna to bad RF module), but I cannot explain the fact that the horn doesn’t beep when using the outside door handle. When you are having the problem, does the passenger side door handle work (produce the horn or even let you lock/unlock from passenger side)?

MeLandy

Reaction score
Sure i understand that about the fuse. Fob battery been changed just prior to Christmas on both fobs. They are both the new fobs so not sure if original as don't seem to even lock via the passenger door although I will check again today as I have read that need all doors closing for 1 minute prior to locking. Both keys not turning toward engine. No horn sound at all even when have motor running. So yes no security on entry to car at the moment as bypassing the immo by the fob under the steering column. Maybe water is somewhere due to this cold weather of late. Strange that this happened after a journey and not on start up in the morning<was when I returned from journey this happened so maybe water or moisture somewhere that has defrosted after journey or like you say bad RF module. In the handbook it does mention that you don't even have to press the start/stop when offering the key to the steering column. Its says on entry place key in the spec area for key and the display should tell you smart key recognised. The fact I am pressing the start/stop is to bypass the immo. thank you for your comment....Got booked in AutoElectrics near me net week now will use dealer if need new key. Yes I live right next to Listers Solihull someone has mentioned they are KING of the FOB on this site. :):). £185 to for my car to say hello to diagnostics lol. I AM in the wrong trade :)
For future Reff when changing batteries on the fobs it is important this is done quickly. There is a short memory of 2mins on the fobs and if take longer can result in re-program fob to ECU. Not sure on mine as was done in my absence and it has been working until now.

Last edited:

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a short memory of 2mins on the fobs and if take longer can result in re-program fob to ECU.
I often store my second fob in the car with no battery (hide manual/emergency key on outside of car - my system in case I lose fob in the woods or lock myself out). I’ve had it that way for months at a time without losing programming.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99