So I drove the 2014 Today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also agree. I just looked carefully at the RRS again today - just to be sure that I would not regret missing some of the features in the new RRS. But is definitely not what I am looking for. The reason I am seriously considering the LR4 is precisely because it is not a squashed down Suburban Utility Vehicle. I really like the taller headroom and even the ability to effectively use the roof. And I like the split tailgate. I would be OK with a tiny bit of rounding as I am not a big style person. But if they were to reduce the utility of the body style that would be a deal breaker for me - in which case I would simply order a 2014 before they are gone. The question is whether to wait until we get some news on the '15. I am hoping to do Moab with my 86 year old father late this Summer.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also agree. I just looked carefully at the RRS again today - just to be sure that I would not regret missing some of the features in the new RRS. But is definitely not what I am looking for. The reason I am seriously considering the LR4 is precisely because it is not a squashed down Suburban Utility Vehicle. I really like the taller headroom and even the ability to effectively use the roof. And I like the split tailgate. I would be OK with a tiny bit of rounding as I am not a big style person. But if they were to reduce the utility of the body style that would be a deal breaker for me - in which case I would simply order a 2014 before they are gone. The question is whether to wait until we get some news on the '15. I am hoping to do Moab with my 86 year old father late this Summer.
I agree with you in many ways. I had a 2011 LR4 and was planning to trade in 2014/2015, but jumped on ordering a 2013 because I feared the V8 would go away and any body changes. I like the traditional look of the LR4 and don't want any Evoque-like style changes. I don't think there really is much information on the 2015, but I am willing to bet I won't be interested. While I don't mind the exterior look of the 2014, I do not want a SC V6, Eco mode, blingy DRLs, rotary gear selector, etc. I plan to keep my 2013 long term. The only way I would switch is if they bring a decent looking Defender to the US.

Disco4Play

Reaction score
Agree 100% with you Finlayforprez! I hate that LR is feminzing everything. I'm hoping for a Defender too, but I thought this was the last year for them and that LR is bringing out a new design. I bet the new Defender will be on the same lines as an Evoque!!! :-(

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agree 100% with you Finlayforprez! I hate that LR is feminzing everything. I'm hoping for a Defender too, but I thought this was the last year for them and that LR is bringing out a new design. I bet the new Defender will be on the same lines as an Evoque!!! :-(
I fear it will be a line of various sized Evoque looking SUVs. I have no doubt they are all brilliant vehicles with great quality and engineering, but I agree that the trend is making a whole bunch of "soft" SUVs.

Maybe LR will surprise us and the new Defender or Discovery will be iconic - though I highly doubt it.

suvowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I came from jeep to my LR4 and there were many such discussions like this On the jeep forums. Many were furious over the loss of solid axles but with air suspension independent axles can still be very capable it is highly doubtful landrover will make any huge blunder.

Since the new jeep has been pretty successful I am sure landrover is paying attention to not scare away the core customers but always looking to pick up new ones , jeep has always had the wrangler for the more ******** off-roader which strengthens the case for the defender and then soften up the LR4 a bit for the 90% of its customers who will never use low range

With the evouge and possible defender I would be very unsure about the future of the LR2

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72