Some key fob help...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ogriebl

Reaction score
Ordered a FOB 129.00 and got a list of places that are supposed to be able to cut it. Assuming all goes well and I can pair it to the vehicle, I'll post the details..

tlt - can you let us know if you found a non-dealer in the Austin area who will cut the blank key and who you used to reprogram? i am in need of a new key but locksmiths in the Houston area dont have the means (or aren't willing) to cut the LR key for me - would drive out to Austin if you have someone good - thanks!

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is one in Georgetown that charged 15.00 bucks-- pm me with your e-mail address. I haven't visited all the ones I wanted to check out in Austin, but the one I did visit wanted 45.00 and their machine was broken... so I passed on them.

palmettorover

Reaction score
Had the same problem with my "fob". Dealer, of course, was glad to replace it- for about $150. Since then, I have had the damn thing go out five or six times. Got to love those first model year bugs!

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$150 replacement sounds too low...and 5 or 6 times sounds ridiculously frequent.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9