Springtime in the Desert

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score

krizza91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i love the photos with the snowy mtns in the background...where are those taken? This weekend is Anza Borrego overnight camping trip. Fish creek wash and coyote canyon if 3rd crossing isnt too deep. has anyone done the fishcreek wash trail backwards starting at the stagecoach trail? their is a one way section called the squeeze. any heads up on what that section consists of of what to look out for? most things of the fish creek wash say its a in and turn and head back the way you came, but i want to make a big loop out of it.
thanks

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i love the photos with the snowy mtns in the background...where are those taken? This weekend is Anza Borrego overnight camping trip. Fish creek wash and coyote canyon if 3rd crossing isnt too deep. has anyone done the fishcreek wash trail backwards starting at the stagecoach trail? their is a one way section called the squeeze. any heads up on what that section consists of of what to look out for? most things of the fish creek wash say its a in and turn and head back the way you came, but i want to make a big loop out of it.
thanks

The images without the rocks in the foreground are from Red Rock State Park, home of Last Chance Canyon, Nightmare Gulch, Burro Schmidt Tunnel, etc... The boulder shot is the backside of Big Bear, from Cougar Buttes.

I was in Anza this past weekend. Not sure about the names of everything, but the Squeeze is pretty darn narrow. A Range Rover Classic will fit, but I think the LR3 is wider? You might be the first LR3 through it...not sure about that. The flowers were not quite in bloom last Saturday, but getting close. I'd say about 2 weeks out.

811647836_YVXWW-XL.jpg

Hmmm...rest of my image links aren't working. Try this:
- http://nwoods.smugmug.com/Jeep-Adve...ing-2010/11528429_MmQVQ#811647085_t9cYF-XL-LB
- http://nwoods.smugmug.com/Jeep-Adve...ing-2010/11528429_MmQVQ#811647990_vK9aW-X2-LB
- http://nwoods.smugmug.com/Jeep-Adve...ing-2010/11528429_MmQVQ#811640413_RMaLY-XL-LB

811647990_vK9aW-XL.jpg

811640413_RMaLY-XL.jpg

811647085_t9cYF-XL.jpg

Last edited:

krizza91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm an adventurous soul, but I would hate to find out the hard way that an LR3 does not fit. I would hate to get 2.2 miles into the 2.4 mile stretch and find out I had to back out. Thank you for the heads up.

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LRCSD doing a Anza trip this weekend. Leaving Xmas tree circle at 9:00AM.
LR3's welcome. PM me if interested.

techboydino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am envious of you all. I have some old coal mine roving here in the Northeast. Most are now closed. I plan for years ahead of time just to see what you guys are seeing on your day trips. Jealous.

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are a few shots from the LRCSD Anza Borrego run this weekend. Please
excuse my crude photography.

Last edited:

Urq

Reaction score
I think I saw you guys out there that weekend I was out riding my enduro.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carbonlink