Sqeaking problem trans or driveshaft

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

richterjustin08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mike I've done nothing t the u jonts, joey wetjer the trans is in 1,2,3 she still gradually squeks at 1500 rpms and then works it Way out , but like I said when foot is off of accelerater then does not squeks.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you checked the fluid level in the transfer case?

richterjustin08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No I haven't but thus guess what? My belt tensioner just popped and pulley no good... Hopefully it is just that was squeking

richterjustin08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well guys just had the belt tensioner break , hopefully that's where the squeking was coming from

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That was a fairly inexpensive problem/cure for a Disco.

richterjustin08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well we shall see mike, the part comes in today and ill put it on and see if that what it was... And let yall know ,

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you still have not dealt with your u-joints, you should do that ASAP before one fails.

driesc

Reaction score
I agree with Disco Mike. I had the same problem and after replacing all the pulleys and adjuster in vain, finally checked the u-joints and these were the culprits.

richterjustin08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update on this post gentlemen, the front driveshaft the rear u joint, was literally gone and batelly holding in, it was shaving metal off.. so problem fixed... Will replace other three but at 28 a pop Ouch, also having to replace rear seal on rear driveshaft ... What's the best gear lube to use for that rear ends guys?

wolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
re: gear lube

Update on this post gentlemen, the front driveshaft the rear u joint, was literally gone and batelly holding in, it was shaving metal off.. so problem fixed... Will replace other three but at 28 a pop Ouch, also having to replace rear seal on rear driveshaft ... What's the best gear lube to use for that rear ends guys?

That depens on a lot of things such as wear and climate but, having said that, and with a hi-milage driveline that has developed 'clunks' worthy of its age - I have found Red Lines hi-shock synth gear oil to be pretty good (don't have the weight in front of me but it was up there)

Wolf

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM