Start/Stop Battery Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SFE9

Reaction score
I am new to the forum with a 2015 LR4 HSE. 30,000 miles.

I am in South Texas USA and am looking for a source to buy a new start/stop battery. The dealer cost is ridiculous and I can’t seem to find one anywhere else.

Also I have intermittent issue of nonstarting. Just a click when I push the start button. Sometimes 2-4 times before it starts. Has new main battery so wondering if it might be due to the smaller start/stop battery.

Cheers.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Try disconnecting the start/stop battery to see if the issue continues. (ground wire only) The only down site is you will have a start/stop error light.

SFE9

Reaction score
Try disconnecting the start/stop battery to see if the issue continues. (ground wire only) The only down site is you will have a start/stop error light.
Thanks. I’ll try that. Love LR but damn they are expensive to maintain lol.

Borden

Reaction score
I had my start/stop battery replaced in 11-2021. It cost $550. I was not aware that I was replacing the start/stop battery. I have a 2016 LR4 Landmark with 65,000 miles. The start/stop battery powers the start/stop function which was not working and which suited me because I do not like that feature. It also powers the small refrigerator in the center console which I never use. It also powers the soft close doors which I do not have. After replacing the start/stop battery, the start/stop feature started again but quit after a couple of weeks. This was OK. The refrigerator still works. I wasted $550:. When the start/stop battery was not working the car started fine.

Gray

Reaction score
I got one at Advanced Auto (~$150). It was a Diehard (ATV?) battery. I took my old one out and took it up there. It came with little adapters to make the post (kinda) fit. I added a bit of material to get a tight fit. Otherwise basically dropped it on and it worked. BTW the auto start/stop did not work correctly until I replace my main battery (did this proactively before a trip).

BeemerNut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I’ll tr
Thanks. I’ll try that. Love LR but damn they are expensive to maintain lol.

Not if you picked a differtent year and model LR then the maintenance is gas and oil at 3,500 miles, tyres once every 5-6 years, brake pads once every 7-8 years along with plugs for the hell of it. Oh, coolant plus bleed the brakes around every 24 to 30 months as well lube suspension fully every 7-8K miles. Front and rear diffs, transfer case and 5 speed between 30 and 35K miles. Replace a random burned out lamp when one decides to fail.....~~=o&o>.......

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV