Steel/Any Wheels/Offroading Tires/AirSuspension LIfts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wcryer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
someone else on the board has a pretty identical looking picture to that one, maybe ryan in oregon? cant remember where ive seen it. but it would definitely be interesting to hear if you find the direct cause that can get articulation to make that contact. I'd still want to see your LR3 setup sometime...fewer at the rally than i was expecting.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was in fact Ryan that had this happen to him. Interesting that gdrider only uses his rods for off-road use but this still happened. I wonder if it's a one-time hard shot that causes the puncture as opposed to longer-term wear...?

Last edited:

blackforestham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1947_eating_popcorn_and_drinking_be.gif

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great advice from cbboard. I have a similar setup. I made a point to find the HD package for the rear locking diff, but it was very tough to find in California. Ended up getting shipped down from NoCal as there were none in SoCal at the time. (I had an '06 before without the rear locker and I notice a significant improvement.) Traded the 19's for Cooper Zeon LTZ's on 18" stock wheels, Rover Specialties Stage 2 sliders (like them better than slim or Stage 3 personally) - I also have the underbody protection plate on the front. Rovers North is the only place to get the non-winch version in the US. Others are making knock-offs for less $, but Rovers North sells the original Mantec one that LR dealers sell in Europe. It comes in handy off road and can really take a hit. I also have a set of extension rods that I only use off road. They raise it another 2-2.5" at every setting. It makes a noticeable difference on the tougher rocky trails. Last thing is a Brownchurch low profile 3/4 roof rack. I just like the look of it, and it's plenty of space for my needs. I didn't want a full length rack. I'd like to add a ladder just for fun some day, but really don't need it. Inside, I carry a Viair 440 for airing back up after airing down for the trails, and to fill up my deflated spare if I ever need it.

Here's a pic.
DSC_0594.jpg

Here's the new off road height with the rods.
DSC_0330.jpg

gdrider77

Reaction score
Yeah, the Ryan-in-Oregon guy had the same problem. My name happens to be Ryan as well.!

Whoah, that last post reminded me. I also have the rover specialties full sliders. You would think i would remember those, since i spent about $2000 on them!

Haha.

Also, as someone mentioned, i only use the rods offroad, and this happened on this trip, as before hitting the trails, i specifically put them on and noticed no wear. So this was a definite quick-hit kind of thing in my opinion.

Ryan.

wcryer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got back from the rally in CO. Had a great time and ran some fun trails. Shredded the sidewall on my second cooper zeon today (the first being a few weeks ago). I was only aired down to 30psi, so im really started to wonder about the sidewall strength on these suckers. prolly going to get another set of MT's to run in the summer and run my zeons in the winter. On that note, any MT preference people have? obviously opinions already exist in various posts, but if you feel like contributing some more recent info feel free. Other than that though, continue to be impressed by the capabilities of the LR3, pick the right line and this sucker walks up almost anything

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99