Steering Feedback Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slwroller

Reaction score
I did a quick search and didn't initially see anything that was similar to what I'm feeling.

While turning the wheel at lower speeds (parking lot speeds), I feel a sort of rubbing feeling in the wheel. Its a slight feeling of what almost feels like friction. I didn't notice it previously, only after a few days in a LR4 did the steering in my LR3 feel weird. I'm sure I'm not describing this correctly but I wanted to throw it out there to see if anyone experiences this. Normal for the model?

I have a 2008 HSE w/ 31k on it.

Tom

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...hard to tell without driving it. It sounds similar to something I feel intermittently in my parking garage (only). I tend to dismiss it as normal.

Slwroller

Reaction score
Yup

...hard to tell without driving it. It sounds similar to something I feel intermittently in my parking garage (only). I tend to dismiss it as normal.

Yeah, im thinking the same. Prob just bring it up on the next scheduled maint. visit.

If others want to chime in, please do so.

T.

whydahdvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if I'm experiencing the same thing but what I have noticed is what I'm used to in my Tahoe when I'm using 4WD. I can feel all four tires grabbing and driving the vehicle through turns. Perhaps that's what you're feeling, the rear tires grabbing and pushing at the same time as the front tires grabbing and pulling. That would give you some roughness, depending on the tires and road conditions, and might be the source of what feels like rubbing.

Slwroller

Reaction score
Not sure if I'm experiencing the same thing but what I have noticed is what I'm used to in my Tahoe when I'm using 4WD. I can feel all four tires grabbing and driving the vehicle through turns. Perhaps that's what you're feeling, the rear tires grabbing and pushing at the same time as the front tires grabbing and pulling. That would give you some roughness, depending on the tires and road conditions, and might be the source of what feels like rubbing.

Possibly. I just didn't feel it in the LR4 and never felt anything like that in my GX460. I know they are different cars but they have similar all time 4 wheel drive systems.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I considered that rig years back. Glad I went LR though. I've had so much fun in it. I have often wondered though...how the GX would do off-road.

Slwroller

Reaction score
Good car

I considered that rig years back. Glad I went LR though. I've had so much fun in it. I have often wondered though...how the GX would do off-road.

I had a 2005 for about 2 years, it was a pretty great truck. I never did and ridiculous off roading in it but it was always very sure footed and did well in mud, snow, whatever. Just felt like a soccer mom in it.

kingfishgrapeja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not all AWD work the same. Some only send power to the rear when there is slip some send power to all 4 all the time.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rendak