sunroof drain

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brownie92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a front sunroof drain that is blocked. Where does the drain come out at?
Thanks.

trevorrigiron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a front sunroof drain that is blocked. Where does the drain come out at?
Thanks.

I don't know where it comes out but I know that if it is plugged you get an interior waterfall option that I did not order. I came out the other day to go get the wife and myself breakfast, it was storming and when I got in I noticed water pouring in through the little pen light hole that is above the shifter, then I noticed water coming out of the little air bag emblem on the driver side A pillar. I was pretty ****** and took it straight to the LR Dealers. They blew some air through it and said it was fixed. Don't know where the blew the air from and it hasn't rained again (but I have washed it since then) so I am not 100% sure it is fixed but we will see. I too would like to know where you blow the air from so that next time I can just do it instead of having to drive to the dealers, or better yet just do it every couple of months to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Trevor

Brownie92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same situation, I blew some air in the direction of the drain from the top (front passenger side) but I would like to get to the other end. Mine is a 2000 DII.

racehorse

Reaction score
Hi guys. I had the same issue on my 06 LR3 and apparently was fixed under warranty before I bought it. I did however, have water leak down the left side air bag badge from a blocked drain that the dealer remedied by cutting off the drain channels or some business like that. Seems to have done the trick.

wolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
same situation - only on a 1997 Disco I; caused by snow & ice freezing up in the drain channel: quick thaw lead to interior waterfall - since then - I have not let build up occur - problem solved (so far)???

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635