Suspension Fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bhack

Reaction score
2006 LR3 HSE 93,000 miles
1. A week ago, I got a "Suspension Fault - Normal Height Only," car seemed fine and upon restart fault was cleared and car went up and down normally. During the week it started happening daily, about .25 miles from house, but seemed to go up and down multiple times in the driveway without issue. Assume I need to replace drier (had one for a year).

2. Today, same issue, then upon a second restart, no fault so I put the car down, then up - rear went up, front struggled and then "Suspension Fault," looked on the 4x4 screen and front looked low, rear normal. Drove home that way, appeared to drive fine, but front looked low on screen.

3. Got in later and faulted almost immediately, but on screen, front almost looked up to normal height - no pronounced lift upon starting car. on the way to the store, the 4x4 screen at the top flashed back and forth "standard" to "raising," stayed on standard when stopped.

4. Just got in to double check, looked close to level on screen, pressed raise and it faulted "slow to raise," drove down street and it faulted "will raise when cool" pulled back in driveway and turned red and said max speed 30mph."

Any thoughts or take it in?

bhack

Reaction score
It did last night, after the hard fault, but before that it had not dropped.

I took it to the dealer, only had the "suspension fault". Could never get completely to normal height

BearishDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmmm, that's odd... it could be the dryer indeed.
has the stealership said anything??

z1234567890

Reaction score
2006 LR3 HSE 93,000 miles
1. A week ago, I got a "Suspension Fault - Normal Height Only," car seemed fine and upon restart fault was cleared and car went up and down normally. During the week it started happening daily, about .25 miles from house, but seemed to go up and down multiple times in the driveway without issue. Assume I need to replace drier (had one for a year).

2. Today, same issue, then upon a second restart, no fault so I put the car down, then up - rear went up, front struggled and then "Suspension Fault," looked on the 4x4 screen and front looked low, rear normal. Drove home that way, appeared to drive fine, but front looked low on screen.

3. Got in later and faulted almost immediately, but on screen, front almost looked up to normal height - no pronounced lift upon starting car. on the way to the store, the 4x4 screen at the top flashed back and forth "standard" to "raising," stayed on standard when stopped.

4. Just got in to double check, looked close to level on screen, pressed raise and it faulted "slow to raise," drove down street and it faulted "will raise when cool" pulled back in driveway and turned red and said max speed 30mph."

Any thoughts or take it in?

1. Buy OBD II reader, it's cheap, just use the one connecting to your laptop with bluetooth or similar
2. Most likely your air compressor needs to be replaced/fixed. If you plan to fix it it's cheaper (a lot cheaper) and not difficult.

Buy this kit

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LAND-ROVER-...02e331c&pid=100005&rk=1&rkt=6&sd=151455628153

Follow this guidelines

1.http://youtu.be/iZRenAaAYe0
2.http://youtu.be/zlr0bzLvG-o

Good luck

bhack

Reaction score
Sorry for the late update. They did say it was the compressor. I did not think I had the time this weekend, felt rich--not, so I let them go ahead and replace.

OBD II reader, I have one, did not realize this fault would show up.

I asked for the parts back, so I may buy the kit you recommend and fix it.

They also said lower control arms needed replacing, and although I did them on my Volvo, I did not feel up to it this week/month. Total: $2200.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635