Terain control knob stopped working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sethlow

Reaction score
Hello - I has recently noticed that my terain control knob has stopped doing anything. When the LR3 is in "normal" mode (not 4x4 or elevated or anything), the knob will turn but nothing will happen. It says in the normal mode. Anyone seen a similar issue or have suggestions for fixing it, I live in New England andf would really like the snow as well as the sand option to work again. Thanks, -Ssth

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Surely stating the obvious here... But the engine must be running for the TR rotary knob to work. :wink: When you turn the knob to one of the special terrain modes, does the corresponding LED icon next to the knob light up? Is the "normal" mode LED lit up? Any messages (such as "System Fault"" or "Special Programs Not Available") appearing on the message center as you try to switch between the various modes?

Last edited:

sethlow

Reaction score
Fair questions. The car is indeed on. I don't remember if you can change this while driving but I have tried while driving and while in neutral. All no go. It just stays in normal mode (light illuminated) and I believe it says normal (or certainly doesn't show any of the icons in the LCD). The knob turns freely and feels like it should be working properly. No messages indicating trouble either in the LCD. Thoughts? -Seth

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would venture to guess somthing in the knob is not working. Did some pop or H2O get spilled on it? I love how they have it right next to where you put a cup and right where the kids will step on it while climbing around the car.

If you need a new knob ect. and are not under warranty Ihave seen them on ebay a few times may save a coupple of bucks.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge