The obligatory "Show off your LR3' thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Panzerknacker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
squeeze1.jpg

view.jpg

Paul V's on the left. Mine on the right.

Last edited:

pvangura

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Paul V.

Who was recording? I had the camera on top of my vehicle going, but I wonder if there are any from outside.

My buddy Pete grabbed my mini HD cam and recorded this, then it died. No other video from my camera, but Jeff has a short one of your truck.

Nice vid and Rover. Do you have the HD package?

Thanks! I do not have the HD package. Haven't encountered a situation where the rear locker was necessary yet.

-Paul

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My LR3 has the rear locker and it's an interesting thing....it locks it a lot! It doesn't so much lock it when it needs it per se. Sometimes the rear is locked and the center isn't. Sometimes it's just the center and sometimes it's both. I'm sure it knows what it's doing...

...interestingly, my traction control almost never kicks in. It would be interesting to do the same terrain in two LR3 similarly equipped except one HD and one standard. My guess is that the standard one would use TC more and of course the HD one would use the lockers more. Outcome would be the same...just different means.

pvangura

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would be interesting to do the same terrain in two LR3 similarly equipped except one HD and one standard.

I'll actually have the opportunity to do this in about two weeks. Taking my truck (no rear locker) and my brother in laws truck (with locker) around Utah. We'll see who has trouble with what...

ChesapeakeRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll actually have the opportunity to do this in about two weeks. Taking my truck (no rear locker) and my brother in laws truck (with locker) around Utah. We'll see who has trouble with what...

How well is his truck set up? It would be a much more valid test if you guys had a similar set up as well.

Oh I've had the same experience with the rear locker, thing has a mind of its own!

pvangura

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How well is his truck set up? It would be a much more valid test if you guys had a similar set up as well.

It's actually pretty similar to mine. The main differences between the trucks are:

1. Mine is a year newer (07 vs. 06)
2. He has 2 more skid plates underneath than me
3. We have different sliders
4. He runs the 19" rim with Goodyear MTRs, and I am on 18s with Nittos (mine are a little bigger, but his are a little more aggressive)
4. As mentioned, he has the rear locker and I do not
5. I'm behind the wheel of mine, and tend to be a little more "liberal" with it :wink:

We have similar rack setups, and will be carrying nearly identical loads in each truck.
A lot of this stuff should have nothing to do with the locker/no-locker comparison, but just wanted to point out how similar the two trucks really are. Tires might make some difference (i.e. I can air down more and still maintain decent sidewalls). Should be a pretty fair and interesting test.

-Paul

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tires are the biggest difference. So his MT/Rs on 19s are 30" and your Nitto's are what? 31.5"? He has a traction advantage then and you have a slight ground clearance advantage. He has a locker advantage and you have a right foot advantage...?

That would indeed be an interesting test! Take video and post please!!!

pvangura

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tires are the biggest difference. So his MT/Rs on 19s are 30" and your Nitto's are what? 31.5"? He has a traction advantage then and you have a slight ground clearance advantage. He has a locker advantage and you have a right foot advantage...?

That would indeed be an interesting test! Take video and post please!!!

Yup, his MTR is about a 30.5" tire, while mine is around 31.5". The GY is more aggressive, but the Nitto is wider (a little more than an inch) and has a bigger footprint and sidewall area. I have much more seat time than he does though, so I would say that is going to be the deciding factor...although he will be following me, so he should end up on similar lines.

We'll be taking lots of pictures and video, and I'm sure I'll post a ton.

/end thread hijack.

-Paul

jesus_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice LHC vids and pics!! Looks like a fun trip. It's been a long time since I've been up there. Did it rain on you guys?

I'll save my comparison comments for the new thread!

J.D.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dimitricourmousis