The obligatory "Show off your LR3' thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And a few more:
utf-8BSU1BRzAzMzIuanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1BRzAzMzQuanBn.jpg

utf-8BSU1BRzAzMzEuanBn.jpg

And I did an oil change on it:
utf-8BSU1BRzAzNDEuanBn.jpg

ncburch22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those tires look good. Not so sure of the Valvoline oil on a Landy, but to each their own.

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I love the tires.

As for the oil, the dealer always used it and I'm a fan of it, so after I ran out of free oil changes, I just kept with it. The Landy seems fine with it.

jesus_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is Half Moon Gulch also referred to as Mosquito Pass??

No, they are opposite sides of the highway. Mosquito runs from near the town of Alma down into Leadville heading west. Both Halfmoons are dead ends running from Leadville west.

EIGHTLUG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, they are opposite sides of the highway. Mosquito runs from near the town of Alma down into Leadville heading west. Both Halfmoons are dead ends running from Leadville west.

Good to know. I'm planning on running those trails as soon as the conditions allow it. Thanks.

jesus_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You bet. Both worth the trip. Snow on both trails are the issue now, but high water is also an issue with spring runoff on Halfmoon.

It'd be a long day, but you could run Mosquito first thing, then drop into Leadville and hit the Halfmoons. I'd do North Halfmoon first. South halfmoon may take a fairly modified rig to get past the obstacle at the last creek crossing. I can get you coordinates for the South turnoff if you want. People say it's hard to find, but I don't recall having much trouble.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV