The obligatory "Show off your LR3' thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jesus_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Eightlug - thanks for sharing! Sorry to hear about the tire. That is a good set of trails!

Houm_WA - Some pretty knarly stuff! You go thru a fair amount of suspension bushings I'd imagine!

Mack73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Houm_WA - Some pretty knarly stuff! You go thru a fair amount of suspension bushings I'd imagine!

That spot looks way more tame on video too. I'll try to get my in-car shot of it up later today.

It claimed a tie rod on a DII, broke a bumper or 2, removed some mudflaps, messed up a couple sets of sidesteps, gave all 3 LR3's faults and knocked the suspension out of alignment. 1 was out of alignment soo bad it caused faults at over 25mph and we had to pull fuses to keep it from deflating with the fault.

The part you really can't see is there was a root that made a vertical 2' wall on the right. My sliders and skids got a big workout on that one.

jesus_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great to see folks pushing these that hard. You are braver than I, but I also have a specialized rig I built for just that. The LR3 was for the milder family trips.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually I've only replaced the bushings ONCE! I've got 50k miles on these!

Mack get that vid up! Show the violence...

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow! That's the first dash-POV video I've ever actually LIKED! Turning up the audio makes all the difference. BTW...there are a TON more trails to explore down there.

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great video Mack73. Makes me want a GoPro myself. :cool:
At about 2:50 the driver asks, "should I have DSC off maybe?". The answer whenever you are off road is yes, I'll say 99% of the time, although I can't think of a time when I'd want it on. It will cut power from a spinning wheel, and you'll end up stuck. If you have a locking rear diff, and DSC off, you'll walk right up those hills next time. I'd use either Rock Crawl or Mud/Ruts for the stuff you were on.
Rover On!
:driver:

Mack73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great video Mack73. Makes me want a GoPro myself. :cool:
At about 2:50 the driver asks, "should I have DSC off maybe?". The answer whenever you are off road is yes, I'll say 99% of the time, although I can't think of a time when I'd want it on. It will cut power from a spinning wheel, and you'll end up stuck. If you have a locking rear diff, and DSC off, you'll walk right up those hills next time. I'd use either Rock Crawl or Mud/Ruts for the stuff you were on.
Rover On!
:driver:

Driver was me - and I'm not so convinced yet myself on DSC. I agree there are times when it can cut power at the wrong time, but I think it can help keep wheel speed from going crazy when one slips. In my mind, hill climbs keep it off, but I haven't had a problem yet on the normal level type stuff.

The issue with the hill climb at the end was an unfotunate "wheel chock" shapped rock on the left and not DSC. It stopped all forward progress for me and Houm_WA in one of his runs. If you were unlucky and got it with your driver front, you were done and no matter of wheel slip would get you over it - Houm_WA tried and made quite a smoke show.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes...I sure did! That was pride...I was upset that I got stopped there! Oh...and I had DSC off! :)

I make sure to turn it off in mud and when I'm climbing...but if I'm in mud/ruts and then I'm about to do a rock crawl and swtich to rock crawl mode and the DSC pops on (as it does when ya switch modes) I am not going to worry about it. I'm going to drive the obstacle first, and **** around with the TR settings later.

These vids do a good job of showing what terrain up here in the Pacific NW is like. Note that at one point the RS Sliders, Option 2 NON SLIM....saved my passenger door. Roots and trees up here are *****!

rfh1987

Reaction score
IMG_1157.jpg

This terrain definitely wasn't in the trail map. It made for an interesting decent of Hayden Pass:
IMG_1163.jpg

Oh, how I prayed and prayed not to cut a tire:
IMG_1164.jpg

IMG_1169-1.jpg
Does the white LR3 also have Cooper Zeon LTZ tires?

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut