The paint has been eaten away

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

F

flowner

My LR3 was at the dealer for 3 weeks...I got it back with bird dropings on it. It took me a week to clean the car. Once I cleaned it I noticed the paint has been eaten away passed the clear coat. . Is this just my fault for not having it cleaned as soon as I got it back from the dealer?

Note: My wife was with me when we picked the car up. And wanted to tell that you need to get the dropping off the car. But It was Friday and we wanted to get home. So she did not.

D

disco1

What was the bird eating???? I've had bird droppings in the past and not bothered to clean it off for some time without it leaving a stain in the paint.

D

damthrill

Bird droppings are literally the worst thing that can happen to your paint. It can eat thru the clear in a day. Usually it will sink in and crack the clear. Thats where wax comes in, wax can slow down its etching(corrosive process). But it won't stop it. I used to own a BMW that I waxed every month with that off the shelf teflon wax, I think it was made by eagle, after a year and 12 waxes a seagull dropped the bomb on my hood. I told myself this is telfon wax and I wax once a month and its been a year of doing that so lets say at least 10 coats remaining if 2 coats wear away in a year. Well, so I waited a week before washing. Sh**t when I washed it away, my clear was cracked. I felt like suing eagle one. But, I remember now that even if you just took into respect how many waxes I applied in a year, the bird **** still went thru. I have since switched products. I have been using Zaino wax for two years now, and I can tell you that you probably can't find a better and longer lasting shine with any other product, at least that I have ever seen. But, I am sorry I can't test the product to see if it can withstand bird ****, I just wipe immediately when I see bird ****, even if I got to spit into a kleenex and wipe away. I remember that when I drove my BMW for 3 years of that damage I would see it every time I drove as it was towards the driver side window hood. I hope I shed some non scientific light on your problem.

Also, I do need to wax my LR3 since I got it just two weeks ago. I might even take a picture and post it after applying my initial Zaino treatment, but I don't want to blind anyone...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM