The Seafoam Picture and Instruction Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look farther up in this very thread, and you will have your answer :biggrin:

H

hector5016

Did you ever resolve the problem with your Disco? What did the dealer say it was?

Charlie L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Mike

As a novice here, do you have a dig picture on exactly where the vacuum line is off the manifold. If not maybe explain it so I can give this a shot.

Thanks

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's the hose that (D1) runs from the top of the driver's side valve cover to the intake plenum. Hose is about 3/4" diameter, and about 4" long. Remove end that attaches to valve cover, rotate around so it curves to face up, and pour slowly in.

95d1

with all the misfires i'd check the vss's too. If they get an improper reading then it throws the truck off.

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They point to the hose, but you want to add the SeaFoam by unhooking the bottom of the hose and rotating it around so that the SeaFoam can be slowly poured into the hose (so that the SeaFoam goes into the intake and not the crankcase).

Does anyone read the whole thread before asking questions? I just wrote almost these exact words in Post 44. Oh well...

95classic

95 Classic 3.9L

Hi Guys,
I have a 1995 Range Classic SWB 3.9L and I want to add seafoam through the vacuum line, but I was looking at the pictures and the engine set-ups are for different style engines than mine. I think I see the correct hose to add it into, but I do not want to harm anything. It looks like the vacuul line has a T, and it looks like I could disconnect the hose at the T to pour the seafoam into the intake manifold...Does this sound correct??

If anyone has a picture available of this particular engine, it would be of great help. Or perhaps someone knows of a site where this already exists.

Thanks in advance, this site is very helpful.

Eric

beemer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do a compression check! The more you screw around with crap the higher the replacement parts count and bill will be. Get a price on cats and O2's not counting injectors. "There goes that sucking sound again".

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV