The Seafoam Picture and Instruction Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

drnknmnky13

Great thread folks. Any pictures on where to add the seafoam for a 99 disco 2? I tried looking for something simaliar to the pic but it's a differet engine and it's too close to really figure out what the equivelent would be on my D2. Thanks.

Nico

Reaction score
Is anyone able to post a picture of the hose in question on a D1? I'm not 100% about the hose to pour the Sea Foam in.

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Moose said:
It's the hose that (D1) runs from the top of the driver's side valve cover to the intake plenum. Hose is about 3/4" diameter, and about 4" long. Remove end that attaches to valve cover, rotate around so it curves to face up, and pour slowly in.
Moose said:
They point to the hose, but you want to add the SeaFoam by unhooking the bottom of the hose and rotating it around so that the SeaFoam can be slowly poured into the hose (so that the SeaFoam goes into the intake and not the crankcase).

Does anyone read the whole thread before asking questions? I just wrote almost these exact words in Post 44. Oh well...
Here we go again. :stupido2:

Nico

Reaction score
...does anyone read the post he says...whart part PICTURE don't you understand?? maybe some are not as mechanically inclined. Can you tell me where on the chest of an adult you would insert a needle to temporarily relieve a tension pneumothorax? I could tell you that it is on the second intercostal space mid clavicular...but I bet a picture would really help.

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nico said:
...does anyone read the post he says...whart part PICTURE don't you understand?? maybe some are not as mechanically inclined. Can you tell me where on the chest of an adult you would insert a needle to temporarily relieve a tension pneumothorax? I could tell you that it is on the second intercostal space mid clavicular...but I bet a picture would really help.
If someone doesn't know where the intake is, and where the valve covers are, or is unwilling to look to see if Wikipedia or somewhere on this site describes where they are, perhaps they shouldn't try this sort of work on their own truck. Just like I wouldn't insert a needle to temporarily relieve a tension pneumothorax.

Anyway, here is a link to the picture, which was attached to a post earlier in this very thread.

New people, people who don't understand how to do this, people who don't understand what I wrote in the prior sentence, click anywhere in this sentence.

Nico

Reaction score
Thanks but this is not the set up in the '95 Discovery. That is precisely why I asked for more help. Although not mechanically inclined, I have succeeded in repairing a few items thanks to the helpful people that are willing to take the time to explain...isn't that the reason for this forum in the first place? Anyway, I'm got getting into a ******' match.

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're right, you're not.

95 D1 is different, because it has a 3.9L and a distributor instead of a 4.0 and GEMS. Maybe someone will be kind enough to describe or photograph the interior of a pre-GEMS engine so you can find the breather.

B

bigugly82

sea foam

I know that everyone has said when you put it in the engine that it'll smoke for a little while. How much smoke are we talking? And anyone got any photos of the smokefest?

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is probably a LOT of smoke. A LOT.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV