The Seafoam Picture and Instruction Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

discomike

The next time mine throws a light I will try it. My understanding was that it had to be cleared with a test book or scanner and that if done by unhooking the battery the light would come back on with the next test cycle of the ECU.
Mike

Roverhound

Reaction score
I've done it before when I was getting nuisance codes before cleaning my MAF.
I didn't believe it at first either, I thought obd2 wasn't supposed to work that way.

tommy33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What does the seafoam do? Does it clean out all of the gunk on the valves and lifters?

T

texasrover

Just head down to the nearest NAPA or maybe other autoparts store carry it now. Use to be NAPA was the only place I could find it but I have seen it at Autozone, lately.

That is good stuff. I have only put in the gas. I think I will have to try the intake trick. The smoke thing worries me though, lol, I had better wait till I get out to the lease and run it.

D

demomanz

Hey Guys, this is a great site. Is Seafoam Known by any other name, or brand, or what is the active ingredient. I ask this cos nobody in N.Z. Auto parts business can help me, and the other stuff like Moreys and some l;ocal carbon cleaners that i've tried has not worked . I thought about running detergent oil ( Diesel motor oil), but am reluctant to do this) Any ideas guys??
Thanks Tony L.

Last edited by a moderator:

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use Shell Rotella K, and have had no problems. There's a guy on another board who uses Rotella on all his trucks, including an old IH Scout, and he turned me onto it. Just make sure it's not the diesel-engine-only variety...

C

cirus

demomanz said:
Hey Guys, this is a great site. Is Seafoam Known by any other name, or brand, or what is the active ingredient. I ask this cos nobody in N.Z. Auto parts business can help me, and the other stuff like Moreys and some l;ocal carbon cleaners that i've tried has not worked . I thought about running detergent oil ( Diesel motor oil), but am reluctant to do this) Any ideas guys??
Thanks Tony L.

Sea Foam comes in a few types maybe 3, I use "SEA FOAM AUTO MARINE" in my gas tank, I think you can use it with your oil as well as your air intake, but not sure how to do it. There is another one called "SEA FOAM DEEP CREEP" that is a spray. Around here in NY its hard to find but yesterday I found it a "autozone" and bought the case, "LOVE THE STUFF".
CHRIS

D

discomike

It has been awhile since I bought some, but I use a can in the tank, one in the crank case and one thru the intake manifold. Works really well, makes alot of smoke for a few miles but really cleans out the engine.
Mike J.

C

cirus

I got some SeaFoam, I put a can in my gas tank, a can in my oil and now I want to put one in my " intake manifold " any ideas? how? and where it is?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV