The Smasher CONCEPT tire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• kumho-smasher-sealant-1.jpg
    kumho-smasher-sealant-1.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 63

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks crazy.. but to me would be slicker than snot in the mud. Would clog up and be worthless.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like they brought someone over from the Fisher Price division to design tires.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the idea of the sealant tire. I have been looking at the new Q7 to replace one of our 2013 LR4s but there is no spare tire. Some Q7s come with run flats but the model I like comes with regular tires and a can of fix-a-flat. I drive 30K miles a year and get at least one flat tire a year. I want a spare tire so I'm waiting for the new Discovery before I buy anything.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the idea of the sealant tire. I have been looking at the new Q7 to replace one of our 2013 LR4s but there is no spare tire. Some Q7s come with run flats but the model I like comes with regular tires and a can of fix-a-flat. I drive 30K miles a year and get at least one flat tire a year. I want a spare tire so I'm waiting for the new Discovery before I buy anything.

I rarely get flats but the major sidewall-ripping blowout I had on Good Friday was enough to convert me to a full-size spare. Not even a full keg of fix-a-flat would have brought that shredded dude back to life. So I hear you especially if you hit that kind of annual mileage.

Re the Smasher concept, I don't see how you can combine traction with rock-pulverizing capability in a tire that is rubber-based. And how do suction cups work on a loose surface? But I enjoy seeing new approaches to problem solving. Crazy concepts lead to innovation and ideas that work on paper and in real life.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I rarely get flats but the major sidewall-ripping blowout I had on Good Friday was enough to convert me to a full-size spare. Not even a full keg of fix-a-flat would have brought that shredded dude back to life.

Right with you...my last flat was from a huge rain-filled NYC pothole that destroyed the sidewall and the wheel. So glad I had a full size spare I could put on for the 300 mile ride home.

Who told auto makers that nobody needs spare tires anymore? Even a silly donut spare is better than depending on a can of sealant to make it home.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9