Think these will fit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wrstewart

Reaction score
I just picked these up for my 2012 LR4, think they’ll fit?
IMG_2918.jpeg
IMG_2919.jpeg

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only if you swap the brakes for V6 LR3 brakes.

Wrstewart

Reaction score
Already ran into a problem. I bought a pair of LR3 v6 front calipers so I could use the mounts off of them and when I pulled the fronts off it was immediately apparent that they were much larger than the ones I got. I have read that I just need the mounts, not the calipers. Did I buy the wrong ones or do I actually need to change the calipers? Thanks.

IMG_2932.jpeg

Wrstewart

Reaction score
I talked to @djkaosone and got the parts list. I was working under the assumption that the LR4 shared front brake calipers with the LR3 but it turns out the LR3's are much smaller. I'm a little nervous now of the reduced braking capability but I'm too deep to change at this point. I should get the new calipers on Friday. Good news is there is a rumor that I might not need to chage the rears at all. I'll try that out today and post updates.

-Richard

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You really want 17's over 18's I guess. With OE equipment my LR3 does not brake as well as my LR4 and that is with the larger V8 components. Perhaps you can make that up by upgrading the calipers, pads, brake lines, and rotors but I would think at that point you could have a real nice set of 18's and stock LR4 brakes?

Another question. What is the weight rating on those BMW wheels?

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was a post on this forum a while back about 18" BMW wheels fitting.

I searched far and wide and never found reliable specifications of their weight rating. Probably good enough, but who knows. Maybe there are reliable specs out there for these particular 17" wheels.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72