This is what happens if you don’t listen to your LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ar077

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clearly, there is some sort of black magic or sorcery involved in designing a reliable water pump that the the Brits have just not been able to figure out.

Kind of like GM and daytime running light bulbs.

I got so fed up with finding out that I was driving with one daytime running light burned out in my GMC Sierra (in order to check them the engine has to be running and the transmission has to be in gear) that I now keep two burned out bulbs in the daytime running light sockets. I can see everything just fine during the day and I don't need daytime running lights.

ARMSF

Reaction score
Had the same issue. We were still MFG warranty, however didn’t include because the water pump tubes are not metal. To replace they had to remove the supercharger.

All in, was quoted $4k. Luckily the mechanic found a leak by the intake manifold, this replacing the supercharger, water pump, and all connections. We paid $83.

Now we have bushing issues. $1400 to replace all at 56k mi. Thanks San Francisco Street’s!

It’s been an expensive year for our LR4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lower control arm bushings?

Go to an independent shop. I had mine done for less than $800 total.

Preetsarai

Reaction score
Lower control arm bushings?

Go to an independent shop. I had mine done for less than $800 total.

I think the bushings and lower control arms need to be replaced as a set. I got mine done at an independent shop, but that guy didn’t use OEM control arms. The car definitely rides a bit rough. Make sure they use OE parts.

Also, I don’t know If it’s true but I was told by the mechanic don’t install poly bushings as they also make the ride harsh.

Ethan M

Reaction score
Funny, my 2010 had the water pump replaced once at 70,000. Now at 158,000 and still on that same one.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the bushings and lower control arms need to be replaced as a set. I got mine done at an independent shop, but that guy didn’t use OEM control arms. The car definitely rides a bit rough. Make sure they use OE parts.

Also, I don’t know If it’s true but I was told by the mechanic don’t install poly bushings as they also make the ride harsh.

My $800 was for the whole front control arms.

Poly bushings are a whole other ball of wax. Lots of discussion on this forum about those.

DugLR4

Reaction score
Does anyone have a picture or a part number of the cross over pipe? I heard a lot about that pipe . Thanks

Preetsarai

Reaction score
EAC0A27D-0BDE-4D3C-A93B-133CD5162E94.png

There are two tubes that the dealer replaced. See invoice screenshot for the part number and cost.

Does anyone have a picture or a part number of the cross over pipe? I heard a lot about that pipe . Thanks

Ratatat

Reaction score
I thought these were sealed transmissions, yet the dealership did an oil and filter change?
Hard to tell the water pump from the fuel pumps chattering away?

scott schmerge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought these were sealed transmissions, yet the dealership did an oil and filter change?
Hard to tell the water pump from the fuel pumps chattering away?
No sir. Service that transmission! Speaking from experience. PO did not service and ended up with a 4 month headache and a replacement transmission. My truck only had 115k at time of purchase and already had failing torque converter.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA