This is what happens if you don’t listen to your LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At 105K miles I'm on water pump #3. Mine all had slow leaks dripping out near the front tow hook. Nothing like what happened above.

I'm on my 3rd at around 86k miles. P.O. had it replaced sometime. I bought it at 40k miles, and I just had it changed again in December, just shy of 80k miles, when I brought mine to the dealer on the tail end of my CPO warranty and asked them to look it over with a fine tooth comb.

Wonder if it's a 40k mile maintenance item?

Bogwhoppit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clearly, there is some sort of black magic or sorcery involved in designing a reliable water pump that the the Brits have just not been able to figure out.

Kind of like GM and daytime running light bulbs.
They probably employed Lucas to work his magic on that too.

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm on my 3rd at around 86k miles. P.O. had it replaced sometime. I bought it at 40k miles, and I just had it changed again in December, just shy of 80k miles, when I brought mine to the dealer on the tail end of my CPO warranty and asked them to look it over with a fine tooth comb.

Wonder if it's a 40k mile maintenance item?

I'm at 36k now. I wonder if I should consider doing he work this fall along with all the fluids (6 years and probably close to 40k miles).

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score

THANK YOU!! I thought I was the only one who is driven crazy by the huge percentage of GM SUVs with one of these lights out. Once you notice it, you can't stop seeing it and it haunts you especially if you have a touch of OCD to begin with. Sheesh.

PoppyAnn

Reaction score
Clearly, there is some sort of black magic or sorcery involved in designing a reliable water pump that the the Brits have just not been able to figure out.

We make them special so they break down just after the warranty runs out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV