This is what happens if you don’t listen to your LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems to be a little confusion on what coolants are used and its color. My notes have the following.

Owners Manual says. "Castrol SF antifreeze." (its orange)
Shop manual says "Jaguar specification WSS M97B44-D" which is a ford spec.

I buy Pentofrost SF (SF-G12+) coolant ... its Pink & Clear, its WSS M97B44-D spec

Both are majority ethylene glycol formulas with a small percentage of "Organic Acid Technology" corrosion inhibitors. Mixing them should not cause any issues. I stay away from DEXCOOL even though its usually also orange. I read some wonky things about it at one point and can't find that now. Hard to find actual Castrol SF, but I follow the spec.

SkinnyPete

Reaction score
I just recently installed the ultragauge and the temperature hangs around 194-195 driving and I’ve seen 205 idling in traffic while the dash gauge just sits in the middle. Did your dash gauge rise at all?

No, the gauge didn't budge! Ran dry of coolant and didn't steam out of the hood, it all went out the bottom unnoticed. Not confidence building at all...

Cthehentz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, the gauge didn't budge! Ran dry of coolant and didn't steam out of the hood, it all went out the bottom unnoticed. Not confidence building at all...

I am not exactly sure how accurate the OBD Ultragauge is but I did set a alarm to sound off at 206f and it will sound off, I just don’t know what temp is to high.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV