Tire Pressure and TPMS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bromhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any idea what the pressure threshold is for the TPMS warning light to activate (OEM 19inch)?
I must be right near the limit, lights come on after a day of skiing (in the parking lot) and go out 1/2 hr later never to return. Sorry if this has been covered before (i also dont have access to my manual right now)

cheers,

chris

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the TPMS light is supposed to go off when the tires are 25% deflated compared to the specs programmed in the module by the manufacturer, so theoretically 27 PSI or less for front tires and 32 PSI or less for rear tires and full size spare in our LR4s (cold pressure. The system should adjust for changing air temperatures.) In extremely cold weather at high altitude, that threshold may be reached quickly, though. I have heard of lots of TPMS faults being triggered in the parking lot of mountain resorts. :cool:

Last edited:

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had that happen to me as well, when parked in Breckenridge, CO on a cold night. Had the TPMS tire low on one of the rear tires, but then it went away when restarted later after the weather got warmer.

bromhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it looks like the sensor went off for good reason....tire was at 32psi....pretty close to the 25% umberto mentioned....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72