tire pressure monitor system with compomotive wheels on 2013 lr4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sergio14606

Reaction score
I have a question regarding the black compomotive wheels for my 2013 Land Rover lr4. My question is regarding the tire pressure monitoring system. I did some research and I am getting mixed answers. Some say I need a special tool to make the dash light go away. Others say that I can purchase new sensors that will work on these compomotive wheels. So then I started looking into that option and I saw that there are two different options a 315mhz and a 433mhz. So then I looked on Land Rover forms and some were saying that 2013 and up is 433mhz then some said all of America is 315mhz.
So my question is will the TPMS sensors that you guys sell work for my new compomotive wheels?
My second question is what one do I need to buy 433 or 315?
I am located in America and my lr4 has always been in America.
Thanks You!!

FrenchDisco

Reaction score
my understanding is that the frequency changed sometime in the 2013MY. That said, my 2013 is 315mhz.

pantalones

Reaction score
I have a 2013 as well and changed mine a while back with some VDO SE52029, they were 315MHz. This TSB should explain when the changed from 315 to 433.

Attachments

• TSB LTB00611NAS1 - Tire Pressure Monitoring System Communication Frequency Change.pdf
    44.3 KB · Views: 106

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
Imho, tpms monitoring is useless for those that are weekend wheeling out on the trails. Unlike jeeps and other vehicles that show the actual tire pressures, Land Rover has a set value range that alerts you if the pressure is out of range.

On that note, I used my gap iid tool to disable it.

Kristina

Reaction score
I'm assuming you're running Compos because you'll be spending a bit of time in the dirt. Do you really want that warning every time you're aired down?

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming you're running Compos because you'll be spending a bit of time in the dirt. Do you really want that warning every time you're aired down?
I feel like the warning isn't even that bad. I've driven around all day with it on before and I'm not really paying much attention to it when I'm rovering around.

Not the guy you quoted, but I'd rather keep TPMS on if I can.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA