To flush, or not to flush?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C

campbell

I am having a hard time finding a place to do the flush also. The dealership drains, adds fluid, drains, add fluids, drains, and add fluids. Is this acceptable? There is a local lube shop that has a machine that pulls the old fluid out and adds new fluid. Not sure if they can do this to my D2, but I thought about having them take a look at it.

D

discomike

Beau,
Try a German auto shop because they do BMWs which also uses a ZF tranny or any tranny shop that has the correct set of connectors.
Good Luck,
Mike J.

Monty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mike, I'm interested in the engine oil flush. Where do you get yours done and how often?

D

discomike

Mike,
Dealers do it but so do some of the quick Lube type places. If you do frequent oil changes, every 3000 miles, than I would say every 30,000 miles for the flush.
I have seen engines that were opened up after a flush, and you could eat out of them. Sure does take care of the carbon problem.
Mike J.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72