Took the rig off road - now my center stack squeaks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where are you located geographically? Because air temperature and humidity levels is what I think attributed to most of my crankiness. Here in San Francisco we get a lot of cold days because it's coastal and foggy 50% of the time. We can get three seasons each day. Continual contraction and expansion. When it was cold and dry, the cranky ***** dash misbehaved. On cold, humid days it was mildly cranky. On warm, humid days, very quiet. Hot dry days, Bentley quiet. So I'm curious.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
San Francisco cold? LOL.

Let's just say that I am glad the rover doesnt have a locking gas door, and that it has big grab through handles. When you have a half inch of solid ice covering your vehicle... that is a nice feature.

SF Cold.... ha.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
San Francisco cold? LOL.

Let's just say that I am glad the rover doesnt have a locking gas door, and that it has big grab through handles. When you have a half inch of solid ice covering your vehicle... that is a nice feature.

SF Cold.... ha.
Hahahaha, I keep forgetting what cold, real cold is. I grew up in New York and sometimes forget the suffering. SF is like paradise, compared.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hahahaha, I keep forgetting what cold, real cold is. I grew up in New York and sometimes forget the suffering. SF is like paradise, compared.
I think Count and I are both spoiled living in the SF Bay area (weather wise). I am outside SF in the suburbs where it is actually even warmer than the city. I know the cold weather and snow is a bit annoying at times, but I really love it. I grew up in MA, but spent a lot of time in NH. I always love going "home" in winter. For the past 6 years we have been living between CA and the UT/AZ border (back and forth). So, it's safe to say, my whole weather world is pretty messed up! :)

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hahaha, David... I miss it too. I have to get out of this city though. I'm trying to convince my wife to sell our house and move closer to your area which is far better weather. Although I love looking out to the ocean, I cannot bear one more foggy summer. I'm getting downright depressed. Lol.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hahaha, David... I miss it too. I have to get out of this city though. I'm trying to convince my wife to sell our house and move closer to your area which is far better weather. Although I love looking out to the ocean, I cannot bear one more foggy summer. I'm getting downright depressed. Lol.
I don't blame you! Over where you are in SF has nice views, but man the weather sucks. I have a buddy in Pacifica and his place is almost always foggy. The weather is a lot nicer down here in San Carlos, but I will tell you the housing prices are through the roof. The norm right now are houses on the market for 1-2 days with several hundred thousand over asking price - usually in cash. It's well over $1 million for a crappy 2 bedroom/1 bath house that most people demolish and rebuild.

We have a good situation where we are, but I can't wait to move at some point.

On another topic, someone on the NCLR forum posted this - it's the Top Gear review of the 2014 Range Rover Sport. While I still do not care for the softer Evoque-like design, this is doing some pretty nice off roading and on the track!!! Brilliant vehicle.

https://www.mixturecloud.com/media/PUVOrJQb

-David

Quijote

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am in Boston, which can get pretty damn cold. But my wife is from Montreal, so we got there often. It can get stupid-cold there and it is typically as cold as a bad cold stretch in Boston. Secondary roads in the 'burbs get one token plow pass per storm, so by the time February rolls around, all the side streets have a 2-4"-thick blanket of packed snow and ice.

spizzi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It appears that I solved the issue on my own :) I held back on releasing this news just in case it proved to only be a temporary fix. But so far, so good.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4