Topix Now Requires Paid Subscription for VIN Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aztris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been on the lookout for an 18+ D5 or 15/16 LR4 (to replace my 12 LR4) and check every VIN in Topix to review the vehicle options. Sometime, maybe last week, I noticed a change. Every time I ran a check, the "Minor Features" section would appear, but blank. After seeing this for a couple days, I contacted Topix support. Unfortunately, my fears were confirmed...

"...the Minor Features tab now requires a subscription to view. You will be able to view the information by purchasing any of the subscriptions available."

aztris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of another free VIN check source, or are we now stuck with the only option of purchasing a subscription?

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually paid the $20 to buy a (short) subscription, and it just showed me the number of features, not the actual features.

topix.png

I've been on the lookout for an 18+ D5 or 15/16 LR4 (to replace my 12 LR4) and check every VIN in Topix to review the vehicle options. Sometime, maybe last week, I noticed a change. Every time I ran a check, the "Minor Features" section would appear, but blank. After seeing this for a couple days, I contacted Topix support. Unfortunately, my fears were confirmed...

"...the Minor Features tab now requires a subscription to view. You will be able to view the information by purchasing any of the subscriptions available."

LB Bill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd feel better about paying a few $ for a "subscription", or even say five uses if that tab said 'Packages and Options' instead of "Minor Features". What the heck does that even mean?...like valve stem caps?

aztris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually paid the $20 to buy a (short) subscription, and it just showed me the number of features, not the actual features.

View attachment 11699
I think that started happening a while ago, right before they removed minor features from free accounts. If you click "print" it should display them all. At least that's what was happening to me a few weeks ago.

aztris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd feel better about paying a few $ for a "subscription", or even say five uses if that tab said 'Packages and Options' instead of "Minor Features". What the heck does that even mean?...like valve stem caps?
Yeah, you definitely have to do some deciphering and translating. E.g. to confirm HD package, I just looked for "locking rear axle" instead of "rear axle diff - open" or something to that effect.

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that started happening a while ago, right before they removed minor features from free accounts. If you click "print" it should display them all. At least that's what was happening to me a few weeks ago.

As of yesterday that wasn't the case. At least for me and my 1 hour subscription. Clicking print generates the sheet with "Minor Features" but nothing under it.

Do you have a current working subscription? Could I send you a vin to run?

LB Bill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or...JLR could simplify it- Like Porsche...they make the 'original build sheet' readily available for their vehicles on the market. We should put that in the JLR suggestion box, LOL.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72