Totally surprised by this loaner car

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm at 75K miles, so time to change the fluid in the differentials, transfer case fluid and get new lower control arms. Also decided to change the transmission fluid & filter now while still under CPO warranty in case the new fluid causes any issues. Dealer agreed to use the Atlantic British conversion kit since it's just an easier way to do the job now and at the next transmission service.

My last couple of loaner cars were Discovery 5's. I think the dealer hoped I would like it enough to buy one but it did the opposite - convinced me to keep my LR4 longer.

But today I got a Velar. Initial impression - Not a fan of the high beltline and small windows, but new technology and interior are very sharp. This is a very smooth, plush, quiet ride. Then I find the other driving modes including Dynamic. Wow, what just happened. Tighter steering, quick responsive gas pedal and great handling. As good or better than any Audi I have owned. This is really fun to drive hard in Dynamic mode. And it came with high quality Michelin tires. (Not that Conti junk they put on our LR4's) I know the Velar isn't for off-road, but as a street vehicle, Land Rover got so many things right. My kids think the back seat is way better than the D5 back seat. What a surprise all around.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gasoline SCV6 (P380). Feels more powerful in the Velar than D5. Maybe they should add a Dynamic mode option to the D5.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM