Towing - Who has towed what?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice! I think thats or a Malibu VLX is my next boat too.

obsteve

Reaction score
I just pulled a 3500 lb '67 Airstream three hours up the coast with no issues. I previously towed the AS with an F-250 (overkill). The LR3 was just right. I ran a prodigy brake controller that was pretty much 'plug and play' and was a great help. Side note: the CHP gave me a ticket for doing 60 in the center lane on a 5 lane freeway (5 over the limit). Apparently its right lane or nothing. Should have done my homework.

sprale

Reaction score
We pulled a 4400# braked camper this summer without event. The only real qualm I have with this Rover is that it doesn't get a diesel in the States. That extra torque would have made the trip much easier. The manual shifter made it easier in the Texas Hill Country, though I shifted more often than I cared to. I only left it in full-auto when roads became more flat. Fuel economy dropped from meh to really?

I regularly pull a 16' flatbed trailer we've had for a decade. It's about a half-ton or so, but I don't even notice it when pulled with the Rover. Our V6 4Runner barely notices it when empty as well, though the payload is maxed before reaching the towing limit of either vehicle. The LR3's 4WD makes it that much easier to pull off-road, wish I'd opted for that on the Toyota too.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72