Toyo Open Country AT II Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 285/60/18.
I didn't have to but I am running a LLAMS height mod to give me more flexibility in driving heights for on and off the road. No wheel wel modifications and very slight rubbing at full lock.
I choose the them because of aggressive look and sidewalk tread.
You might want to look at something with Kevlar for sidewall protection. Most of my off-road driving is either loose sand or mud. Deed sticky mud. I am actually thinking of moving to a MT and going bigger next.

Let me know what you find for a MT. I'm interested as well. I love my BFG All-Terrains, but this sticky Florida mud really calls for a true MT at times (as I'm sure you know). I like the 285/65R18 Nitto Trail Grappler but I'm afraid it might be too big.

Kaaae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will be doing some research into what those crazy icelandic guys are doing to their Discovery4's.... I am thinking of trying to squeeze 35's under her. but thats a year away or so.

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will be doing some research into what those crazy icelandic guys are doing to their Discovery4's.... I am thinking of trying to squeeze 35's under her. but thats a year away or so.

Some 35" Toyo Open Country MT's would be insane. Keep me posted for sure!

Kaaae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah it will be after this truck is not my daily driver.. so when the telsa moves in then it is game on!

Biagetti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I may possibly be getting the Toyo Open Country AT2's on Monday in the 265/65/18. I would prefer to get the 285's, as they look great on yours Kaaae, but the 265's come in $25 cheaper per tire. We have our first child arriving mid January... so trying to save where possible.

The 265's are rated at 112s as opposed to 120s and are 10lbs lighter. The 265's max psi is 44 and the 285's at 50. Not a huge concern with our terrain here in Florida.

Hopefully it works out on Monday and I'll be sure to post some pics.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you will need to do some modifications to fit 285/65. The difference between the 265/65 and 285/65 (tire specs notwithstanding) is the 285/65 is over a full inch larger in size. You would certainly have rubbing issues leaving everything stock.

Last edited:

Biagetti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Absolutely! Don't we wish that 285/65's would be an easy fit! Sorry man... I should have specified, but would like to have the 285/60/18's like you're running as well!

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Absolutely! Don't we wish that 285/65's would be an easy fit! Sorry man... I should have specified, but would like to have the 285/60/18's like you're running as well!

I definitely wish 285/65's were an easy fit!! ... although I'm still tempted to give it a shot when I need tires. The Nitto Trail Grapplers are an awesome MT and aren't too loud on the road. I believe there's also a 275/65/18 Toyo Open Country MT which would be less of a stretch.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I definitely wish 285/65's were an easy fit!! ... although I'm still tempted to give it a shot when I need tires. The Nitto Trail Grapplers are an awesome MT and aren't too loud on the road. I believe there's also a 275/65/18 Toyo Open Country MT which would be less of a stretch.

I really strongly considered that size also. I am not all that afraid of trimming the plastic and bending a few body panel seams to make it work, but I decided not to for a couple of reasons. 1. I wanted to keep a spare under the car, even if I had to deflate. 2. I wanted an air suspension fault/bump stop safe size and I could not figure out if that would work with the trim/modifications.

I think this is like a lot of mods. Once someone is brave enough to try it, document it and post it online for us all to obsess over.. we would all start doing it.

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really strongly considered that size also. I am not all that afraid of trimming the plastic and bending a few body panel seams to make it work, but I decided not to for a couple of reasons. 1. I wanted to keep a spare under the car, even if I had to deflate. 2. I wanted an air suspension fault/bump stop safe size and I could not figure out if that would work with the trim/modifications.

I think this is like a lot of mods. Once someone is brave enough to try it, document it and post it online for us all to obsess over.. we would all start doing it.

I agree... it's very tempting. So who's going to be the guinea pig? I was the muffler-delete guinea pig, now it's someone else's turn haha :biggrin:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9