Toyo Open Country AT II Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would be good to sort this all out. I am about ready to track down a 6th compomotive 18" wheel.

Biagetti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree in that it shouldn't be that bad to trim or grind down some spots.... Haha Brandon you did make the leap with hacking at the exhaust.... keep it going man!! We will follow!

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To do some test fitting?

That is not a bad idea, but I would have to work with a local place for easy returns of a tire or something.

I was going to get a 6th rim just to have two spares. I really want to get a little more setup for some longer 'overland' type trips. (Camping, hopefully a few non-campsite stops, lots of off highway travel, etc)

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is not a bad idea, but I would have to work with a local place for easy returns of a tire or something.

I was going to get a 6th rim just to have two spares. I really want to get a little more setup for some longer 'overland' type trips. (Camping, hopefully a few non-campsite stops, lots of off highway travel, etc)

That would be pretty cool if you had some way of doing that... not sure how feasible it would be. I'd love to put the fitment questions to rest (275, 285, etc). Of course wheel offset comes into play as well. My Fuels have a lower offset than the Compos which make them stick out a bit further. If I tried test fitting with my spare or something, I don't think I would be able to give anyone a great confirmation on fitment. Either way, it would be pretty cool. Hope someone tries to squeeze a 275 or 285 before I need new tires!

Does anyone have connections with a tire place that would allow them to do some test fitting??

Biagetti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Toyo Open County AT2 265/65/18

Finally got the tires on this morning. Everything worked out in pricing dealing with Discount Tire and price matching online with the cyber Monday free shipping deal at Tread Depot.

Regarding the larger 275/65 or 285/65's, now that I have a better visualization of clearances as you guys do.... I really don't see major grinding or cutting. I hope one of you guys can get a loaner tire to test!

I didn't have a chance today to touch some dirt (decorated and hung XMas lights), but I haven't noticed much if any road noise from the tires. The little bit of extra rubber looks great filling in the wells from the rod lift. As always, thank you all for talking about your experiences with products pertaining to our Rovers!

Attachments

• TireRotor.jpg
    TireRotor.jpg
    562.5 KB · Views: 56
  • TireRearqtr.jpg
    TireRearqtr.jpg
    676.9 KB · Views: 54
  • TireSide.jpg
    TireSide.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 55
  • TireFront.jpg
    TireFront.jpg
    719.6 KB · Views: 49

ncburch22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Waking a very old thread.

My 275/55r20 Duratracs are about ready to be replaced. They’re a 31.9” tire. I came across the Toyo MT at 32.1”. Has anyone had luck with this? I’m running Johnsons of course. No rubbing with my Duratracs. The MT is a 275/55 as well, but slightly larger in diameter due to its tread depth/pattern. I’ve only come across one post regarding actual fitment. Same OEM Stormer wheels as well.. offset doesn’t seem to be an issue. I’d rather not use spacers if at all possible.

71A777E2-F722-44F3-A5A9-AD36CCBC892A.jpeg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9