Trip computer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

overblown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, annoying and really freaked me out first time. I can imagine that the computer is told to never increase the displayed fuel level while engine is on. One way to test this would be to fill it up with the engine running and see if the level responds in real time.... but I'm pretty sure thats a horrible idea and you should never test it. Like the bezel on a dive watch that can only be moved to show that you have been underwater longer than you actually have been, the one way fuel level movement may be "on purpose" to help prevent running out while driving up a large incline?? Pure speculation.

There's nothing wrong with leaving your engine running while fueling up safety wise. It can cause check engine lights on some cars though. Those stickers you see at pumps are just government nannie crap. Now, the no smoking stickers, yeh those are legit!!

Causeway LR4

Reaction score
My LR4 does the same thing. Says I have 0 miles, but I have driven almost 50 miles "over". Also had issues parking on a hill. Gauge will show 1/8 tank when I shut it down and the next morning, it is even lower and won't reset itself once it is back on level ground. Dealer says nothing is wrong of course.

The miles per gallon math doesn't work either when you compare miles driven vs. gallons filled up with.

Only thing I can guess is that it is a huge built in safety factor in off road scenarios when you might not be paying attention to fuel levels.

BlueOvalConvert

Reaction score
The miles per gallon math doesn't work either when you compare miles driven vs. gallons filled up with.

I enjoy how incorrect the miles per gallon math is on the computer. I am perplexed about how the computer could get this incorrect.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72