Trip meter random resets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NewRover2008

Reaction score
only thread I could find on this too. having the same problem. it started when I took in for bushing replacement. when I picked it up, everything had recently zeroed out and now every time the car is parked for an hour or so, everything on display re-sets.

manufacturer warranty expires in couple days and i have "appointment" tomorrow morning with dealership (i have extended warranty too at least). also.....for the first time, i had a transmission fault / limited gears available (F). couldn't get out if park. had to restart car a few times to get it to drive. hasn't happened again (its been a few days).

i read that the T Fault could be caused by a weak battery so maybe the its causing both issues.

any other experiences with this?

NewRover2008

Reaction score
it was the battery. covered by manufacturer warranty. with free car wash. ill take it.

Bruno

Reaction score
Had the same problem, replaced battery after following starting-issues. (LR handles higher voltage, so a "normal" battery-check says it's ok). Nice warning though: mileage-reset -> replace battery.

whydahdvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Resurrecting this email thread: Any recommendations on a new battery? Manufacturer? I could get it done by the dealer but having replaced batteries myself with my other vehicles I was planning to pick up a good one (hence the recommendation request) and pop it in myself.
Thanks in advance.

Earing2008

Reaction score
Interstate battery makes a direct replacement and from the picture it looks exactly the same as the OEM except for color; right down to the integrated handles. The battery # is 49/H8 and suggested retail is $184. I believe Optima has an option as well but that will be a higher cost option.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are several AGM batteries to consider as well, which were not available a few years ago. Absorbed Glass Mat batteries offer some advantages over the traditional flooded types, the main one being that they almost never leak acid even when they fail, which is a big plus on a car that surrounds the battery with all kinds of expensive electric and electronic modules such as the LR3/4. Sears sells the DieHard Advanced Gold AGM (sized 49) for a good price - usually around $170 or so - and a nice 3-year full replacement warranty. Exide recently introduced the Edge AGM in a size 49 as well, it's a bit more expensive ($220 through Amazon) but comes with an even better 4-year free replacement warranty. Food for thought.

whydahdvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, got a battery from Sears but the Sears rep said that I might need to have the dealer reset the computer in my LR3, something to do with a synched internal clock that counts down to when the battery would need to be replaced by. I haven't yet gone through my manual but thought I would ask to see what I should prepare for specific to LR3's with swapping the batteries out when I do it tomorrow.
Thanks.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think they started using the Battery Management System until the LR4 came out? My 2006 RRS didn't have it (my 2013 LR4 does, but I can reset it with IIDTool.)

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA