Trying to Learn the Rover-- 2002 Freelander

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shadetree

Reaction score
Just got it this week after orig. owner ( my younger brother)was told it needed a $5000 trans. & a engine overhaul. It came complete with "service engine" - amber DH! & F4flashing in the Gear indicator, I got a real 'Cream Puff'.
So far this week I've done nothing more than unhook the battery to **** the service engine
soon code & started th car in netrual & put in gear with out touching the brake to get around the F4 & amber DH! light. Everything started working again after doing this.
I 've driven it several times a day since Monday with no warning lights & good shifting in all gears. I start it in park now with my foot on the brake and drive it everywhere I go. Got 21.3 MPG on the highway which was a nice surprize.
Went to the dealership today and got a new brake switch, they didn't have a new seal for the Trans drain plug or any LRN-402! They don't get many Freelanders in for service?
Anyway I'm going to put a couple Qts of the Equiv. Valvoline trans oil part# 423 & my own seal will be my first job.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge