Two Quick Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what I'm going to do. James, I wasn't "lying" about you; my statement was based on something you'd mentioned in the past, and maybe I misconstrued. I already apologized for taking a jab at you; so I'm done. I'm not going to address the other comments about mudflaps 'n ****. I think the offer to check out your sliders may've been a different person, not me. ...and I'm not sure what the "one year" reference was at all.

Anyhow...peace. I'm done.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what I'm going to do. James, I wasn't "lying" about you; my statement was based on something you'd mentioned in the past, and maybe I misconstrued. I already apologized for taking a jab at you; so I'm done. I'm not going to address the other comments about mudflaps 'n ****. I think the offer to check out your sliders may've been a different person, not me. ...and I'm not sure what the "one year" reference was at all.

Anyhow...peace. I'm done.

You in fact did not apologize at all. Instead you said it took you a whole night to realize you should delete it.

In your thread saying you plan to buy sliders and were asking about shipping, I replied the other day offering for you to check out mine up close if it would help.

As for any comment I may have made, even if I had, is that any reason to publicly **** on someone?

Any comment was most likely that I am not into just going out to f around in mud holes but spend my time out there going places on my own - for the sake of going somewhere, not just to find some dumb ******** track. Being alone or with my gf, I'm simply not going to hop out everywhere it gets tricky to snap a photo - the coolest shots would have been places where I was instead more concerned with things like: trying not to roll the lr3 down a ravine, digging myself out of snow or deep rutted tracks in the middle of the night, wondering if the slope is beyond the safe angle or how deep IS that water, etc. I don't have somebody on the other side taking photos or standing in front of the car telling me when and where to turn my wheels.

The 1 year reference is to the fact that on this forum you have gone from the guy who was ripping off running boards on trails and asking about almost every "gawdy" "kit" item available for the lr3 to trying to be a no-it-all in your unfounded post to me.

You don't know me so please stop using my name in a public forum.

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"C" load range anyone?

Chesapeake, I use to run a C load tire and they did OK for the most part. Since then I
have moved on to the BFG's. It is my opinion that if you run trails with a lot of sharp
rocks & ledges you tend to pinch your sidewalls more and the E load is the way to
go. If the trails you run tend to be more dirt, sand or smooth rock the C's will work
ok, they did for me anyway. Either way you need to monitor your sidewalls on the
trail. Good Luck!

DD

Last edited:

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
West....I really don't want to do this with you. I drank a few too many beers, posted something and wanted to retract it the next day. I said it was wrong of me; that's basically an apology. I'm not going to grovel. I have plenty of retorts for everything you've said in response to my post, but I'm not going to do that. I antagonized you so I don't feel justified in tearing you a new one here. Like Nathan said, it's not DWEB.

ChesapeakeRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chesapeake, I use to run a C load tire and they did OK for the most part. Since then I
have moved on to the BFG's. It is my opinion that if you run trails with a lot of sharp
rocks & ledges you tend to pinch your sidewalls more and the E load is the way to
go. If the trails you run tend to be more dirt, sand or smooth rock the C's will work
ok, they did for me anyway. Either way you need to monitor your sidewalls on the
trail. Good Luck!

DD

:beer:

Great advice from someone who's had both, Thank You DuckDive

BTW What "C" Load range tire did you use and why did you switch?

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
West....I really don't want to do this with you. I drank a few too many beers, posted something and wanted to retract it the next day. I said it was wrong of me; that's basically an apology. I'm not going to grovel. I have plenty of retorts for everything you've said in response to my post, but I'm not going to do that. I antagonized you so I don't feel justified in tearing you a new one here. Like Nathan said, it's not DWEB.

Really?! You claim to know you were in the wrong but you think you're also ready to put me in my place?! Again, I'll be glad to meet you directly for that "new one" any time, maybe we could do it on the trail in front of everyone you b.s. about yourself to, like some kind of off-road driving skills competition.

You are the classic newbie who thinks he's the real deal and you proved it in your goofy post and amazing trail photos (like the one where you stand by watching other people on their backs work on your car because you didn't have the foresight to remove the running boards. I don't suppose you had a full size spare with you either to replace one of those goofy street tires. That trail was not just a gravel road and thus it was irresponsible and selfish to tag along being the weak link without even bothering to take care of the basics).

I was already bored with your silly running board destroying types of trail runs before you even knew what a Land Rover was. When I've had mine stuck though, I use the shovel myself.

The irony is you don't know much at all about all this but you wanted to put someone down over something that even if it were true, what the hell would you care? You really shouldn't talk crap when you can't back it up.

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:beer:

Great advice from someone who's had both, Thank You DuckDive

BTW What "C" Load range tire did you use and why did you switch?

I ran Toyo Open Country ATs 285/60-18 and they were pretty good to me. The sidewalls
are "reinforced" and it's a good looking tire. I switched to the BFG's because
they stand up to the jagged rocks more so than the Toyo's.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey fellas, could you at least take your 'fight' to PM. NOBODY else cares, so why waste our time with it??

davidfkon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran Toyo Open Country ATs 285/60-18 and they were pretty good to me. The sidewalls
are "reinforced" and it's a good looking tire. I switched to the BFG's because
they stand up to the jagged rocks more so than the Toyo's.

i'm stuck between these two specific tires . . . but mostly do on-road :ahhhhh:
how do they compare that way?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
helge