Uh oh....MOUSE!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, when I parked my car in the garage last night I left a foil wrapped granola bar on the dashboard tray above the glove box. When I went out this morning I found the end of the package chewed up and the granola bar slightly eaten. :eek:

The weather has been in the 20s for the past few days here and I already found one other mouse dead in a basement garbage can (climbed in but couldn't get out). So, they're coming inside to escape the cold I guess.

This one in the car I'm more concerned about though. He starts to chewing some wires and I'm screwed!!!

Any suggestions for getting him out of the car?
I suppose I'll buy a trap or something I can leave on the floor to hopefully catch him.

Rubber Cow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get a Have-A-Heart trap and bait it with peanut butter and a bit of the granola bar. Once it's tripped , carry the mouse to whatever fate awaits it....I release them on our neighbors property.

Bluebird

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mouse nest-I found between the bonnet and the heat blanket. Acorns all over. Mouse had chewed a hole in the blanket over the motor cover. Filled the hole with steel wool and bought some rat poison blocks at Lowes. I put the blocks in the engine compartment and where the nest was.
I think I GOT EM!

Rubber Cow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mouse nest-I found between the bonnet and the heat blanket. Acorns all over. Mouse had chewed a hole in the blanket over the motor cover. Filled the hole with steel wool and bought some rat poison blocks at Lowes. I put the blocks in the engine compartment and where the nest was.
I think I GOT EM!

The problems with poisons:
-the mouse can die in the car...or in a place that takes time to desicate or bake off.
-the dyng or dead poisoned mouse can be eaten by other animals- poisoning them.

Just my $.02....worth everything you've paid for it.

Last edited:

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whatever you do, do it today, as a service manager I have seen many of vehicle and thousands of $$$$$ in serious wire harness repairs because of mice.
Bait your truck in a couple of spots, including under the hood and inside the passengers compartment. Also bait the entire perimiter of your garage to stop them from coming in.

Rubber Cow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More input....Get a feral-rescue cat.
They eat mice like crazy.
We o longer have a mouse problem- including no more dog food being stored by them in the intake manifold of my BMW motorcycles..what a treat!
I went out to my LR3 several nights ago and found our garage/outdoor cat munching on a half-eaten mouse under the truck!
More trivia- I heard that Audi had a big problem with rodents and the like, eating wring insulation in Europe several years ago...to the degree that they came out with a rodent-zapping device to keep them out of the engine compartment.

Bluebird

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well file this under unintended consequences:
Some wire manufacturers switched to a more eco-friendly insulation and its SOY based not petroleum based.
I hear the little critters LOVE it.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Appreciate the tips. I went out and bought a traps (one for the car) and some glue paper. I would like to put bait out but have a young dog that'll eat just about anything...and I'm afraid she'd eat a dead mouse with poison in it if she found one.

We'll see how this works....

21nmafo.jpg

schafari

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hum. . . I'll admit I don't know much at all about rodent behavior. . .but does it make sense to put things that strongly attract rodents in your LR3? I understand that you may have one already inside, but I was just thinking putting them right near the truck instead of in it may attrack it out of the truck. Is it a concern that you may be actually drawing more rodents into the truck by putting things that attract mice in the LR3?

LRB

Reaction score
Would Comprehensive Insurance Cover Mouse Damage Lol ???

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72