"Unusual" preventive maintenance?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

greiswig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Noob here, with a 2016 LR4.

Aside from changing out all fluids and filters on a good schedule, I'm wondering if there is additional preventive maintenance that should be done? For example:

• I gather there's a moisture accumulator somewhere in the air compressor circuit...is it good to empty that once in awhile? Or to open up, clean out and lubricate the compressor itself?
  • Are there chassis lube points that need to be greased once in awhile, or is everything sealed and just has to be replaced if the lube dries out?
  • Anything related to the rear locking differential that needs particular attention?
  • The plastic coolant Y on top of the engine that seems to fail: should I just replace that with a new part every 50k miles, and keep the old one as a spare? Are there other things like that?
  • Are the axles and other driveline systems sufficiently well sealed and the breathers high enough that you don't have to change fluid every time you go through a puddle? Someone here wrote that water seems to get in anyway.
Just trying to understand some common things I should do, and also maybe what spares you should really have with you at all times.

Thank you for the help!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72