Using command shift improved gas mileage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L

luvmylr3

I have an LR3 SE, 7 seater (heavier). I have been getting about 12 to 13 mpg in the city. I was disappointed that even driving conservatively to get better gas mileage did not make much of a difference. So the last couple of days I drove everywhere using the command shift and was pleasantly surprised to average 15+ mpg, in the city. I drove very similar, if not the same routes I drove under full auto, so it is fairly comparable. I drove as conservatively as I did under full auto, again to try and get an apples to apples comparison. Has anyone else tried the command shift and monitored their gas mileage? I am curious to know if others are seeing a big improvement.

F

fidhleir

I've only used command shift off road, so far. Just to control downhill speed. The hardest part was I'm used to the exhaust sound from my Mustang GT. The LR3 is just too darn quiet! Gotta keep an eye on the tach while dodging small boulders.

I've used sport shift getting on the freeway. It's a kick but I think I can actually watch the fuel gauge drop!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99