V8 Coolant Manifold / Crossover & Maintenance Parts List

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stephane Gauthier

Reaction score
I will as well do this job to my RR HSE 2011 but i need to replace another part. The coolant air bleeder on the passenger side near the battery case is broken. I think i have to replace the pipe or hose ?

What is the part number ?

Is it possible to only replace the bleed valve ?

Regards

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought all the needed parts and got swamped at work. Decided to drop it off at an indy and have them do it.

Things were apparently going well until they reached a point where they could not remove the lower radiator hose from the thermostat. It is apparently seized on there.

They are going to order a new one, but it will probably be Monday before it arrives. I assume this is the part:

https://www.roverparts.com/belts-hoses/radiator-hoses/LR013684G/

So, just FYI.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought all the needed parts and got swamped at work. Decided to drop it off at an indy and have them do it.

I saw you had yours done under CPO around 80K, what's your mileage now? Any warning signs or just PM given another increment of accumulated miles?

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Front crossover done at 60k or thereabouts. Water pump was at 80k ish. I'm at 105k now.

The rear crossover has never been done. Neither has the thermostat or some of the smaller pipes around the front. So, since the rear requires a lot of work that the front requires, figured I'd just get it all done at once and be 100% fresh.

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let us know how the crossovers look when they come off. I don’t think we’ve seen any changed at only around 40k - it would be a good data point to see how much degradation.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will do, assuming the mechanic even paid attention and didn't pitch everything right away.

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah - missed that part in your last post that you handed it over to a mechanic. Don’t worry about it ... just thought if you had them in hand, might be good to know.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tell your mechanic we're trying to do some science over here!

Ha! Will do.

Front crossover done at 60k or thereabouts. Water pump was at 80k ish. I'm at 105k now.

The rear crossover has never been done. Neither has the thermostat or some of the smaller pipes around the front. So, since the rear requires a lot of work that the front requires, figured I'd just get it all done at once and be 100% fresh.

To add to this, when something is done under warranty work like my front crossover was, they only replace the part they have to and leave everything else. So there's a lot of things that most people replace when they do the crossover that are still original on mine.

Heck, my radiator was replaced under warranty at 80k miles. If I was doing that myself, I would probably replace the major hoses leading-to and going-from it, but in my case just the radiator itself was replaced. Hence why my lower radiator hose is seized to the thermostat and I'm fighting my wife for her Volvo this weekend while my mechanic waits on the part.

Stuart Barnes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m in the same boat, have a leaking water pump and noisy supercharger coupling. So it’s all getting done in one big job.
Parts on order.

I’ll be filming it all as well to get probably a 3-5 part video series going as well for the community.

Stu.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut