1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V8 Coolant Manifold / Crossover & Maintenance Parts List

Discussion in 'LR4' started by richg, Feb 5, 2021.

1. ryanjl

ryanjl Full Access Member

Picked up the my 2012 today from the mechanic. The mechanic is an indy that does a lot of work on Rovers, Mercedes, and Porsche.

Had front and rear crossovers done, along with the water pump, thermostat, and the few little coolant pipes that all connect down there.

Also had him do the drive and accessory belts, as well as the fan clutch.

He said the old crossover pipes looked "okay." As a reminder, the front was done around 40k miles ago, but the rear has never been done (have 105k miles on it). As for the rear, he said it looked like a 100-thousand mile plastic coolant part, but not necessarily like it was in imminent danger of failing.

He said he knows the rear are a failure point, but he checked his books and he's only ever done one of them before. He said he's done more fronts than he can count, and does them so often that he keeps a few of them in stock.

jlglr4, greiswig and cperez like this.
  2. greiswig

greiswig Full Access Member

See, @ryanjl , you're not as incredibly unhelpful as you purport to be. ;)

ryanjl likes this.
  3. ryanjl

ryanjl Full Access Member

Thank you. I'll go back to heckling everyone and projecting my own anal retentiveness onto others.

You could be a lot more helpful by posting pictures of your unimog.

4. greiswig

greiswig Full Access Member

Oh, Lord...don't get me started on the Unimog. I no longer have it. Serious love/hate relationship with that beast. And I'm hoping I haven't jumped right out of that frying pan into another with the LR4.

ryanjl likes this.
  5. Stuart Barnes

Stuart Barnes Full Access Member

I love a good Mog, we used to use the eastern German version to drag around yachts to the slipway for launching.