V8 Coolant Manifold / Crossover & Maintenance Parts List

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up the my 2012 today from the mechanic. The mechanic is an indy that does a lot of work on Rovers, Mercedes, and Porsche.

Had front and rear crossovers done, along with the water pump, thermostat, and the few little coolant pipes that all connect down there.

Also had him do the drive and accessory belts, as well as the fan clutch.

He said the old crossover pipes looked "okay." As a reminder, the front was done around 40k miles ago, but the rear has never been done (have 105k miles on it). As for the rear, he said it looked like a 100-thousand mile plastic coolant part, but not necessarily like it was in imminent danger of failing.

He said he knows the rear are a failure point, but he checked his books and he's only ever done one of them before. He said he's done more fronts than he can count, and does them so often that he keeps a few of them in stock.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
See, @ryanjl , you're not as incredibly unhelpful as you purport to be. ;)

Thank you. I'll go back to heckling everyone and projecting my own **** retentiveness onto others.

You could be a lot more helpful by posting pictures of your unimog.

greiswig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, Lord...don't get me started on the Unimog. I no longer have it. Serious love/hate relationship with that beast. And I'm hoping I haven't jumped right out of that frying pan into another with the LR4.

Stuart Barnes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love a good Mog, we used to use the eastern German version to drag around yachts to the slipway for launching.

SantaAna7

Reaction score
Question although I'm mainly self-smarted(TPB) I can follow directions and have tools and a garage. Is any part of this rocket appliances or can an average throwback do all of this alone? I've been reading and things seem clear but I'm wondering if I'm entering dangerous idiot territory.

Stuart Barnes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doing mine this week. Give me 2 weeks for the video processing and it’ll be online. I’ll be doing the walnut blasting as well for pure entertainment and for that fun self masochism we all love with these trucks.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love a good Mog, we used to use the eastern German version to drag around yachts to the slipway for launching.

Where were these slipways, Stuart? Every time I hear that term I think of a Land Rover friend in Jersey who often photographs his collection of Rovers on the various slipways around the island.

Stuart Barnes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The last one was aberking and Rasmussen just outside of Bremen.

891B029D-35EF-46ED-8509-397AB175EA4D.jpeg

The East German mog rip off was dragging this bad boy out of the construction shed to the synchro lift, used to be a slipway but they upgraded.

78CB795B-E011-4522-8CD8-6CA427AA08A6.jpeg 502CDD82-E57D-44C3-B078-98EAD4031264.jpeg

DonC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question although I'm mainly self-smarted(TPB) I can follow directions and have tools and a garage. Is any part of this rocket appliances or can an average throwback do all of this alone? I've been reading and things seem clear but I'm wondering if I'm entering dangerous idiot territory.
I did my 11 5.0 water pump, cross overs, thermostat, and hoses last weekend. No major issues and getting to the rear crossover was not as bad a I thought using a short handle ratchet. The only issue I ran into was the bleeder on the heater hose in the back was brittle. I did some research and found a brass replacement for those. Dorman Part # 902-404HP picked up at my local Advanced. Other than that definitely get some proper hose pliers if you do not have a set. It saved me so much headache from the last time i replaced the pump 3 years ago.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV