Very high idle, 2800 RPM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BrianTN

Reaction score
My Scangauge shows code U0447. Searching for that gives me cruise control or invalid data. I'm just going to call LR and get a tow truck to take it to the nearest dealer. I'd think a faulty cruise control sensor/switch/whatever would be under warranty.

BrianTN

Reaction score
It's now at Land Rover of Columbia, SC. Will let you all know what they say. They loaned us a 2018 F Pace.

BrianTN

Reaction score
My wife relayed some information and apparently there is a vacuum leak somewhere and it is covered under CPO. The battery "needs" replaced for over $400. I enjoy working on my truck and can change the battery, but is there a way to reprogram the computer myself without the IIDTool?

jlach993

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not too sure if you could without the tool, i'm sure others on the forum could chime in. That being said, I've changed the factory stock H7 stock Varta battery that came with my MY2011 back in 2014 to a H8 Duralast AGM battery from autozone for a little under $200. I just popped the old one out and fit the new one in. I just had to reset the one touch power window function and sunroof function and that was it. I never got around to resetting the BMS on the truck. It's been 4 years later and 40k miles and everything is still in tip top shape. I'm sure others will say that the charging system needs to register the new battery to come up with a new charging profile, but i think the truck automatically "learns" that a new battery was installed and adjusts the charging profile accordingly after a few hundred miles.

BrandonM7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just change the fuggin battery - I've done it without doing the computer reset and doing it - absolutely no noticeable difference in battery life. You'll be fine not telling the computer you changed it.

Keith Hollis

Reaction score
Check the air intake - what we call the "snorkel". The rubber boots have a tendency to wear through if in contact with the engine cover, and there are other "leaks" we've detected by smoke test on these as well.

If it's drawing in too much air it's running lean and it will throw a check engine light.

Reaction score
Not too sure if you could without the tool, i'm sure others on the forum could chime in. That being said, I've changed the factory stock H7 stock Varta battery that came with my MY2011 back in 2014 to a H8 Duralast AGM battery from autozone for a little under $200. I just popped the old one out and fit the new one in. I just had to reset the one touch power window function and sunroof function and that was it. I never got around to resetting the BMS on the truck. It's been 4 years later and 40k miles and everything is still in tip top shape. I'm sure others will say that the charging system needs to register the new battery to come up with a new charging profile, but i think the truck automatically "learns" that a new battery was installed and adjusts the charging profile accordingly after a few hundred miles.

Hi, I’m having something very similar. Did you find out what this was?

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@KH 2014 RR Sport - I think you’ll need to provide a little more info. The response you quoted was about replacing a battery, but the majority of the thread is about a high idle problem. Are you looking for help on the high idle or replacing the battery?

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72