WEIRD electrical problems...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lsawicki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was driving home on the highway today and every time I would hit a pothole or bump, all of the sudden the dash would go crazy and I would lose power...random lights when on, my rpm would come down and speedometer would go back to 0. I pull over, turn the car off, turned it back on, and it got me home alright. I still have an Idle problem however as well..sometimes it idles well, other times it doesn't. When it doesn't the rpms go down and flutter as if its about to run out of gas, and sometimes the engine dies. Idle air control valve dirty?

P.S Before this happened, I was just coming from a "British Auto Center" and the guy there was wearing a commemorative shirt to Joseph Lucas, "Prince of Darkness." I just thought it was a bit ironic...

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Sound way to logical to me... the shirt that is.

Sounds like a bad ground... check to make sure the batter posts are clean and you don't have any bad wires... also check the wire going to the fuse box under the hood.

I am betting on a poor connection.

pascaltissot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
steper motor ??

:confused:Hi it might be the steper motor connection that got loose, or a battery terminal dirty check this two things before going further .. Maybe Joey got other ideas??
Saludos .

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
With light going nuts and everything mention my money is on either bad battery connection or a loose wire from either the alternator of the fuse box.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM