Vision Assist or Climate Comfort?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spizzi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Given the current stock situation, I can either get an HSE with Vision Assist or another HSE with Climate Comfort. Which would you choose and why?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I guess it depends on where you live... Climate Comfort usually makes more sense from a comfort standpoint, especially if it gets cold in winter where you live. Even here in So Cal, to be honest I like having my buns and fingertips toasty when temperatures plunge to scary cold, mid-30s on winter mornings. It is probably more valued as an option from a resale standpoint as well. Vision Assist is a bunch of gizmos that sound pretty cool (surround cameras, HID adaptive headlights with auto high beam assist and some tow assist goodies), but in reality you won't use much. The one thing you may miss from the Vision Assist pack is the HIDs. The halogens are good, but the bi-xenons are fantastic on this car. They are standard on HSE Lux but not on HSE.

Last edited:

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally, I would go with the climate comfort package and install an HID kit aftermarket. I know the HID kits have their issues, but I think the climate comfort package is more useful, unless you really want the vision assist extras.

Kaaae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would go with the vision assist over the heated seats.... but, it is a tough call. Even in Florida i use my heaters regularly.

TLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It depends where you live.
I had 2011 LR4 HSE which had both - Vision Assist and Climate Comfort.
My 2013 LR4 Lux does not have Vision Assist but like Umberto mentioned, Lux comes with HID headlights.
HID are great on those cars. (if you get vision assist they will swivel. I thought it was just a gadget but I really loved it)).
One important difference for cars equipped with Vision Assist is a great rear view camera and sensors. It is completely different . This is what I really miss from vision assist.
I do not miss surround cameras at all.
So if you live in cold climate get climate comfort and you can always put HID headlights later.

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends on where you live. I agree CCP is preferred. But the vision is nice also (aside from HID) for the parking assistance, meaning curb cameras, etc. I find it pretty helpful when parking in urban parking spots.

horatio8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in cold New England but I would choose Vision Assist based on the HID lights and parking sensors, which I use every day. The HID lights are worth it alone, as they're that good IMHO. The heated seats and windshield are nice but I only really use them three months of the year. I agree that the surround cameras are not that useful unless you're towing something.

Last edited:

Kaaae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its silly, but i would get the vision assist just for the auto hibeams....

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Given the current stock situation, I can either get an HSE with Vision Assist or another HSE with Climate Comfort. Which would you choose and why?

Easy, both. What's another few thousand on a $50k truck? :wink:

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally, I would go with the climate comfort package and install an HID kit aftermarket. I know the HID kits have their issues, but I think the climate comfort package is more useful, unless you really want the vision assist extras.

Agreed! I'd have a hard time giving up my heated seats and steering wheel... and I live in Florida :biggrin:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99