Voice Commands

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T

txlr3

I just recently purchased an '06 LR3 V8 SE with the Bluetooth PTI. It also has the voice commands button on it. However, it only seems to respond to phone commands and not any radio or notepad commands. Is this an omission or is it because I have the SE not the HSE? I'd love to be able to use the CS changer commands etc. I hav not been able to find anything that explains this in any of the manuals.

Ideas?

H

Houm_WA

I'm guessing it's because it's an SE. do you have the Navigation system?

T

txlr3

Nope, No NAV System. Bluetooth, Rear Seat, Lighting and Cooler Box.

N

NHESS81

Do you know if the HSE has the commands you are 'lacking'? perhaps none of the LR3 can do it...if the HSE does have the command you are missing, that is VERY VERY mean for land rover to penalize you on such a petty thing for not springing for the HSE, that is totally lame if they removed commands just for that reason...

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They didn't "remove commands just for that reason." You didn't buy it. :smile:

I'm pretty sure the head unit's voice control system is a feature of the "Premium ICE" stereo, which is only available on HSE in North America. (You get some of the control features if you add Navigation... maybe only Navigation related, though... can't remember.) And, if you add PTI, you get PTI commands. It's all about what you order...

Last edited by a moderator:
A

alanmeyer

txlr3 said:
I just recently purchased an '06 LR3 V8 SE with the Bluetooth PTI. It also has the voice commands button on it. However, it only seems to respond to phone commands and not any radio or notepad commands. Is this an omission or is it because I have the SE not the HSE? I'd love to be able to use the CS changer commands etc. I hav not been able to find anything that explains this in any of the manuals.

Ideas?

Are you prefacing each Nav voice command with "Navagation" ? For example: "Navagation, Zoom In"

L

lr3junkie

txlr3 said:

Ideas?

I have a SE, and the voice commands work fine for the radio and notepad.