Voice Recognition Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I am a new owner of an 06 LR3 HSE. Have had it for a couple weeks and everything is running great (knock knock) except for the Voice Recognition. I used to work a little spotty, but now Moneypenny doesn't recognize a thing I say. Have had my wife try, a salesman try when I was picking up my plates, I have even tried the little Spanish I know - all with no luck. I haven't seen anything on any boards. I was hoping someone may know a quick fix that I can use without having to schedule a service visit.

D

dry_fly

sounds like it will need a software update... unfortunately that will need to be done by the dealer.

Reaction score
Thanks. I've read about a lot of software update issue from others, although they tend to be from 05s and earlier 06s. Any thoughts about whether I'll be opening Pandora's box or are the updates pretty straighforward?

F

FloridaLr3

I had some problems at first...a couple of things I did...speak softer and towards the mic...I believe its on the rigth dash below the steering wheel... I think I ended up with UK male...

Reaction score
The one I test drove had the Bond girl voice. The one I purchased was configured for a male voice and the first thing I did was change it. Drives my wife a little nuts but there are worse vices.

Now if I could just get it to call me James..........

DefenderFanCA

Reaction score
How do you change the voice to the female version? The male voice bugs me to no end. The male voice they had on the overview DVD had this nice British accent, but mine has zero charm.

Reaction score
I'm out of town so I can't go out and review it, but it was pretty easy. Somewhere on one of the settings screens is a button for voice or language settings. It may be the main settings or it may be the Navigation settings. Once you get there you get a whole bunch of choices English male, English female (UK), English female (USA), Spanish, Portugese, etc. I think I recall the Spanish voice also being a female - if so it might be a good reason to brush up on my Spanish. I don't recall if there was French or if it is female. If so, this could finally get all us Americans to learn more languages.

fridaydriver

Reaction score
I was told by LR cust service and my salesman the the voice recognition just does not work well and there is no fix as of yet. I have an '06 LR3 SE w/o the nav but I do have the built in phone voice recognition. I complained a bit and LR sent me a $500 gift cert. Anyway, I brought my car in to change the voice from male to female and asked them to upgrade the software. I will let you know if this helps.

fridaydriver

Reaction score
Well I just went to the dealer to pick my LR3 with the updated software and they told me my car now speaks SPANISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and they can not change it back. They have to order a new computer. I thought my 911 was high maitenance ! However, I did find out LR has a new software release coming out in Feb. Hopefully this will correct, once and for all, the voice recognition problems.

Reaction score
It's Working

Moneypenny and I are now on good terms. Got some advice which included directing your speech to the lower right dash (I now talk to the right of the steering column) and talking in a normal cadence at normal volume. Someone said if you talk to it like it's a dummy, it will act that way. Once I quit talking at the rear-view mirror and lost the ordering at the drive-thru tone everything got a lot better.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ngomac