Want to build my own Roof Rack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Waffle boards mounted simply

B93591A0-9AB1-463B-A5A5-D749840C9116.jpeg

F7C19521-10E7-4EDB-BB72-7F49006B4A8D.jpeg

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What roof rack do you have?

Highlight (select) the question or comment you want to reply to. You will see the "Multi+ | Quote" command popup. Click "Quote" and a new comment box opens with the html code to include the quoted portion and you type your comment below that. The Multi+ option lets you grab quotes from different parts of a message, then it stores them and fills them in when you're ready to reply.

777AIA

Reaction score
I got a $300 rack from China, and have just started cutting and rewelding it to work better on the LR3 (it is flat, and sits on roof rack). So it will fit to rail feet, be lower and stronger. The tubing used is fine, but needs some sturdy reinforcement and new support methods.
Will try to remember to do pics.

defiant

Reaction score
My advice would be wait and buy a good one. I spent a small fortune getting a Prospeed rack to Western Canada but it’s so well built, looks great and hardly changes the wind noise. I’d recommend saving and getting a good one when funds allow.

m_lars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My advice would be wait and buy a good one. I spent a small fortune getting a Prospeed rack to Western Canada but it’s so well built, looks great and hardly changes the wind noise. I’d recommend saving and getting a good one when funds allow.
Just playing a little devils advocate here, your opinion is your opinion. But why not build what you can build reasonably and apply the saved funds for something that you might not be able to build? I can build a roof rack, I can’t pull off building sliders.

defiant

Reaction score
Just playing a little devils advocate here, your opinion is your opinion. But why not build what you can build reasonably and apply the saved funds for something that you might not be able to build? I can build a roof rack, I can’t pull off building sliders.
That’s a very fair point, but he asked for an opinion, so I shared mine. I’m not saying my way is the best, only, or right way, just that it was mine.
Here’s some pics of mine.

3ffc14ed30b7bad3ced92a9ee401207a.jpg
d61e0258b12efa38d3f43e00c231f7fd.jpg

m_lars

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s a very fair point, but he asked for an opinion, so I shared mine. I’m not saying my way is the best, only, or right way, just that it was mine.
I know, that’s why I prefaced my comment hoping to not imply you were wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut