Weather Band

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

land crzy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question on the radio, I have a BMW that has dedicated weather band button. Does the LR3 radio have the ability to WB seach as well. Thanks, jb

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not too familiar with Weather Band and (obviously) the LR3 doesn't have a dedicated button like the BMW. I think you can search stations by Program Type (if the type is being broadcast via RBDS and RBDS is set to "ON" in your menu), and one of the types in the database is Weather. Press the Menu/OK button, use the rotary knob to scroll to "PTY Seek", press the rotary knob and scroll again to find "Weather". Press the rotary knob again and the tuner will start searching for a station of that type, playing it as soon as it finds it/them.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's the only downgrade from previous LR models. Not sure why they stopped, it was great. I use noaa radio from my iphone through aux jack. Works great.

Patriot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's the only downgrade from previous LR models. Not sure why they stopped, it was great. I use noaa radio from my iphone through aux jack. Works great.

Which app? I remember my original Discovery (1994), and my 1995 RR Classic (SWB) each had the WB button on the stereo. I too miss that on the current stereos.

Patriot

USAFbuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
An app called ootunes (if your iphone is jaibroken) as well NWS Radio ($1.99) will allow you to get noaa radio via a 3g connection. Very useful app

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the app i know of is just called 'radio'. It is free at has NOAA stations all over the country. Along with about 4500 from all over the world.
correction: $.99

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4