Weird question but i am asking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slow Lame

Reaction score
Not to beat a dead horse but

I picked up a new LR4 yesterday and the salesman said it could support 600# so I think you are gonna be OK.

a517458

Full Access Member
Reaction score
with my old lr3...it holds 4 people no problem....haven't tried it on my new lr4, but seems ok..

LR4inAZ

Reaction score
The LR4 tailgate may hold 500+ pounds - but the black trim near the rear of the right passenger door can't take the mirror of the neighboring truck bouncing off of it.... UGH. My wife on recent trip tested its durability - and gave my new LR4 its first dent.... I wanted to wring her neck after she bounced her door off the mirror on the truck I parked next too....

I wanted to ask her - "didn't you look before you opened your door" But I already knew the answer...

Kinda makes me want to take her car for a spin - but it would only cost me a new repair bill in the end...

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm one of those that cries after every little scratch or dent. It drives me nuts when people are careless. The worst door ding ever happened in my own garage. My wife opened up the door of her Lexus right into my then Nissan Pathfinder. Dings in both doors... After that, I just gave up on any potential education I might be able to provide for my family reguarding car door etiquet.

I have never thought twice about how much the tailgate would hold. I'm sure more than I would ever place on it.

Rob

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm one of those that cries after every little scratch or dent. It drives me nuts when people are careless. The worst door ding ever happened in my own garage. My wife opened up the door of her Lexus right into my then Nissan Pathfinder. Dings in both doors... After that, I just gave up on any potential education I might be able to provide for my family reguarding car door etiquet.

I have never thought twice about how much the tailgate would hold. I'm sure more than I would ever place on it.

Rob

RAAZ227

Reaction score
Just look at the support cables. They are made out of steel braided cable..

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635